Oct 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Arizona had their first exhibition game of the season on Monday night, and as you might expect, the Wildcats smoked Division II Augustana 84-52.
New point guard T.J. McConnell finished with 12 points, eight assists and five steals and Nick Johnson and Gabe York chipped in with 14 points apiece.
But that’s not the big news from the game. Aaron Gordon’s groin is.
Sean Miller’s blue chip freshman played just four minutes in the second-half and, according to Miller, didn’t look like his usual self.
“He has a groin strain and we didn’t want to take any chances, so we didn’t want to take any chances in the second half and sat him for an extended time,” Miller told reporters after the game.
Gordon still managed to play 22 minutes, but he only finished with seven points and five boards.
The injury doesn’t seem serious, but given Gordon’s immense talent and his importance to this Arizona team, it’s an injury that will be worth monitoring.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)