Oct 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Arizona had their first exhibition game of the season on Monday night, and as you might expect, the Wildcats smoked Division II Augustana 84-52.
New point guard T.J. McConnell finished with 12 points, eight assists and five steals and Nick Johnson and Gabe York chipped in with 14 points apiece.
But that’s not the big news from the game. Aaron Gordon’s groin is.
Sean Miller’s blue chip freshman played just four minutes in the second-half and, according to Miller, didn’t look like his usual self.
“He has a groin strain and we didn’t want to take any chances, so we didn’t want to take any chances in the second half and sat him for an extended time,” Miller told reporters after the game.
Gordon still managed to play 22 minutes, but he only finished with seven points and five boards.
The injury doesn’t seem serious, but given Gordon’s immense talent and his importance to this Arizona team, it’s an injury that will be worth monitoring.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 1
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 3
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)