Oct 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Arizona had their first exhibition game of the season on Monday night, and as you might expect, the Wildcats smoked Division II Augustana 84-52.
New point guard T.J. McConnell finished with 12 points, eight assists and five steals and Nick Johnson and Gabe York chipped in with 14 points apiece.
But that’s not the big news from the game. Aaron Gordon’s groin is.
Sean Miller’s blue chip freshman played just four minutes in the second-half and, according to Miller, didn’t look like his usual self.
“He has a groin strain and we didn’t want to take any chances, so we didn’t want to take any chances in the second half and sat him for an extended time,” Miller told reporters after the game.
Gordon still managed to play 22 minutes, but he only finished with seven points and five boards.
The injury doesn’t seem serious, but given Gordon’s immense talent and his importance to this Arizona team, it’s an injury that will be worth monitoring.
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 0
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 1
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 1
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 1
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- adidas Unrivaled Day 1: Brandon Ingram gets the best of Jaylen Brown, Ray Smith hurts his knee 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)