Oct 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Arizona had their first exhibition game of the season on Monday night, and as you might expect, the Wildcats smoked Division II Augustana 84-52.
New point guard T.J. McConnell finished with 12 points, eight assists and five steals and Nick Johnson and Gabe York chipped in with 14 points apiece.
But that’s not the big news from the game. Aaron Gordon’s groin is.
Sean Miller’s blue chip freshman played just four minutes in the second-half and, according to Miller, didn’t look like his usual self.
“He has a groin strain and we didn’t want to take any chances, so we didn’t want to take any chances in the second half and sat him for an extended time,” Miller told reporters after the game.
Gordon still managed to play 22 minutes, but he only finished with seven points and five boards.
The injury doesn’t seem serious, but given Gordon’s immense talent and his importance to this Arizona team, it’s an injury that will be worth monitoring.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)