Oct 29, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Kevin Ware has had a promising month of October. Earlier in the month, he was cleared to participate in basketball workouts, followed by Louisville head coach Rick Pitino saying his junior guard would suit up for the Cardinals’ regular season opener against the College of Charleston on Nov. 9.
Pitino did not specify if Ware would see any action against Charleston, but a return to the floor with the rest of the defending national champions could come soon. Pitino told the media on Monday that Ware could be back to live team practice as early as the end of the week.
“He’s healed. He’s healed,” Pitino said according to Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal. “His leg is as good as your leg or my leg.”
On Oct. 4, Pitino mentioned that although Ware may be on track to return physically, he’ll still have to get past his injury mentally as well. However on Monday, Pitino sounded confident in Ware’s overall recovery.
“I don’t think he’s going to be bothered too much psychologically,” Pitino added . “He wants to get out there and play. I think he’ll be OK.”
Louisville has played a series of three Red vs. White scrimmages during October. On Tuesday night the Cardinals take on their first opponent of the preseason in an exhibition game against Kentucky Wesleyan.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)