Oct 29, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT
Kentucky had their Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage on Tuesday night, a game that gave the nation their first real taste of the Wildcats this season.
And while James Young went for 26 points and Julius Randle threw down a couple mammoths dunks, the two people that stood out the most were freshmen that enter the season without absolutely zero hype: E.J. Floreal and Derek Willis.
Willis was arguably the best front court player on the floor on the night, finishing with 21 points and eight boards for Kentucky’s second team. That means he spent the majority of the scrimmage going up against UK’s future lottery picks, Randle, Willie Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson.
That’s impressive, and should drive home the point that John Calipari’s praise of Willis during the preseason is warranted.
But more impressive was the dunk that Floreal put down on Randle, which you see in the video above. The preseason all-american forward will certain hear about that dunk in practice and on bus rides for a long time:
Yeah, that’s qualifies as a #POSTERIZED.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)