Oct 29, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT
Kentucky had their Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage on Tuesday night, a game that gave the nation their first real taste of the Wildcats this season.
And while James Young went for 26 points and Julius Randle threw down a couple mammoths dunks, the two people that stood out the most were freshmen that enter the season without absolutely zero hype: E.J. Floreal and Derek Willis.
Willis was arguably the best front court player on the floor on the night, finishing with 21 points and eight boards for Kentucky’s second team. That means he spent the majority of the scrimmage going up against UK’s future lottery picks, Randle, Willie Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson.
That’s impressive, and should drive home the point that John Calipari’s praise of Willis during the preseason is warranted.
But more impressive was the dunk that Floreal put down on Randle, which you see in the video above. The preseason all-american forward will certain hear about that dunk in practice and on bus rides for a long time:
Yeah, that’s qualifies as a #POSTERIZED.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)