Oct 29, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT
Kentucky had their Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage on Tuesday night, a game that gave the nation their first real taste of the Wildcats this season.
And while James Young went for 26 points and Julius Randle threw down a couple mammoths dunks, the two people that stood out the most were freshmen that enter the season without absolutely zero hype: E.J. Floreal and Derek Willis.
Willis was arguably the best front court player on the floor on the night, finishing with 21 points and eight boards for Kentucky’s second team. That means he spent the majority of the scrimmage going up against UK’s future lottery picks, Randle, Willie Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson.
That’s impressive, and should drive home the point that John Calipari’s praise of Willis during the preseason is warranted.
But more impressive was the dunk that Floreal put down on Randle, which you see in the video above. The preseason all-american forward will certain hear about that dunk in practice and on bus rides for a long time:
Yeah, that’s qualifies as a #POSTERIZED.
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Printable Bracket 1
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Midwest Region: Instant Analysis 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament East Region Instant Analysis: East Region 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament West Region: Instant Analysis 0
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis 1
- Florida, Wichita State, Arizona, Virginia claim No. 1 seeds 1
- Final Bracketology: Florida is your overall No. 1 seed 3
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- Big Ten Tournament: No. 22 Michigan State takes another step forward in win over No. 12 Wisconsin (8)