Oct 29, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT
Kentucky had their Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage on Tuesday night, a game that gave the nation their first real taste of the Wildcats this season.
And while James Young went for 26 points and Julius Randle threw down a couple mammoths dunks, the two people that stood out the most were freshmen that enter the season without absolutely zero hype: E.J. Floreal and Derek Willis.
Willis was arguably the best front court player on the floor on the night, finishing with 21 points and eight boards for Kentucky’s second team. That means he spent the majority of the scrimmage going up against UK’s future lottery picks, Randle, Willie Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson.
That’s impressive, and should drive home the point that John Calipari’s praise of Willis during the preseason is warranted.
But more impressive was the dunk that Floreal put down on Randle, which you see in the video above. The preseason all-american forward will certain hear about that dunk in practice and on bus rides for a long time:
Yeah, that’s qualifies as a #POSTERIZED.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)