Oct 29, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT
Kentucky had their Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage on Tuesday night, a game that gave the nation their first real taste of the Wildcats this season.
And while James Young went for 26 points and Julius Randle threw down a couple mammoths dunks, the two people that stood out the most were freshmen that enter the season without absolutely zero hype: E.J. Floreal and Derek Willis.
Willis was arguably the best front court player on the floor on the night, finishing with 21 points and eight boards for Kentucky’s second team. That means he spent the majority of the scrimmage going up against UK’s future lottery picks, Randle, Willie Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson.
That’s impressive, and should drive home the point that John Calipari’s praise of Willis during the preseason is warranted.
But more impressive was the dunk that Floreal put down on Randle, which you see in the video above. The preseason all-american forward will certain hear about that dunk in practice and on bus rides for a long time:
Yeah, that’s qualifies as a #POSTERIZED.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)