Oct 29, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
St. John’s 2013 Red Storm Tip-Off took place inside Carnesecca Arena on Friday night, with the dunk contest following the team’s full-court scrimmage.
Sophomore forward Christian Jones defeated reigning team champion JaKarr Sampson to take home the dunk contest title. However, Jones didn’t even have the dunk of the night.
Freshman guard Rysheed Jordan, the Big East’s preseason Rookie of the Year, got a loud ovation when he cleared the 6-foot-8 God’sgift Achiuwa on the way to his one-handed finish. Both Jordan and Providence freshman Brandon Austin showed what they can do to potential defenders during the conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)