Oct 29, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
St. John’s 2013 Red Storm Tip-Off took place inside Carnesecca Arena on Friday night, with the dunk contest following the team’s full-court scrimmage.
Sophomore forward Christian Jones defeated reigning team champion JaKarr Sampson to take home the dunk contest title. However, Jones didn’t even have the dunk of the night.
Freshman guard Rysheed Jordan, the Big East’s preseason Rookie of the Year, got a loud ovation when he cleared the 6-foot-8 God’sgift Achiuwa on the way to his one-handed finish. Both Jordan and Providence freshman Brandon Austin showed what they can do to potential defenders during the conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)