Oct 29, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
St. John’s 2013 Red Storm Tip-Off took place inside Carnesecca Arena on Friday night, with the dunk contest following the team’s full-court scrimmage.
Sophomore forward Christian Jones defeated reigning team champion JaKarr Sampson to take home the dunk contest title. However, Jones didn’t even have the dunk of the night.
Freshman guard Rysheed Jordan, the Big East’s preseason Rookie of the Year, got a loud ovation when he cleared the 6-foot-8 God’sgift Achiuwa on the way to his one-handed finish. Both Jordan and Providence freshman Brandon Austin showed what they can do to potential defenders during the conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)