Oct 29, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Minnesota added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Tuesday as the Gophers picked up a commitment from Carlos “Squirrel” Morris.
Morris is a 6-foot-4 scoring guard from Florida. He finished his high school career at Arlington Country Day, but had to go the JuCo route instead of enrolling at the Division I level immediately. 2013-2014 will be his second season at Chipola Community College.
Morris was ranked the No. 147 recruit in the Class of 2012 by Rivals, with programs like Arkansas, Cincinnati and West Virginia reportedly offering him a scholarship.
He’ll join Josh Martin, a big man from Seattle, and Nate Mason, a guard from Georgia, in Minnesota’s recruiting class.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)