Oct 29, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Minnesota added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Tuesday as the Gophers picked up a commitment from Carlos “Squirrel” Morris.
Morris is a 6-foot-4 scoring guard from Florida. He finished his high school career at Arlington Country Day, but had to go the JuCo route instead of enrolling at the Division I level immediately. 2013-2014 will be his second season at Chipola Community College.
Morris was ranked the No. 147 recruit in the Class of 2012 by Rivals, with programs like Arkansas, Cincinnati and West Virginia reportedly offering him a scholarship.
He’ll join Josh Martin, a big man from Seattle, and Nate Mason, a guard from Georgia, in Minnesota’s recruiting class.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)