Oct 29, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Minnesota added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Tuesday as the Gophers picked up a commitment from Carlos “Squirrel” Morris.
Morris is a 6-foot-4 scoring guard from Florida. He finished his high school career at Arlington Country Day, but had to go the JuCo route instead of enrolling at the Division I level immediately. 2013-2014 will be his second season at Chipola Community College.
Morris was ranked the No. 147 recruit in the Class of 2012 by Rivals, with programs like Arkansas, Cincinnati and West Virginia reportedly offering him a scholarship.
He’ll join Josh Martin, a big man from Seattle, and Nate Mason, a guard from Georgia, in Minnesota’s recruiting class.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)