Oct 29, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Ed Cooley struck again on the recruiting trail, this time kicking off his 2015 recruiting class.
Ryan Fazekas, a 6-foot-7 sharpshooter from Michigan City, IN, committed to the Friars on Tuesday morning. The news was first reported by Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
Fazekas played his AAU ball with Meanstreets, a Nike affiliated program out of Chicago that counts Tyler Ulis and Paul White about their Class of 2014 standouts.
Fazekas was at Providence’s Midnight Madness celebration on Friday. Apparently he was impressive with Brandon Austin’s dunking ability. I was too.
This was yet another impressive get for Cooley, who has landed a number of key targets in the past few years. His 2014 recruiting class includes three top 100 prospects — Ben Bentil, Jalen Lindsay, and Paschal Chukwu.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)