Oct 29, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Ed Cooley struck again on the recruiting trail, this time kicking off his 2015 recruiting class.
Ryan Fazekas, a 6-foot-7 sharpshooter from Michigan City, IN, committed to the Friars on Tuesday morning. The news was first reported by Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
Fazekas played his AAU ball with Meanstreets, a Nike affiliated program out of Chicago that counts Tyler Ulis and Paul White about their Class of 2014 standouts.
Fazekas was at Providence’s Midnight Madness celebration on Friday. Apparently he was impressive with Brandon Austin’s dunking ability. I was too.
This was yet another impressive get for Cooley, who has landed a number of key targets in the past few years. His 2014 recruiting class includes three top 100 prospects — Ben Bentil, Jalen Lindsay, and Paschal Chukwu.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)