Oct 29, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Ed Cooley struck again on the recruiting trail, this time kicking off his 2015 recruiting class.
Ryan Fazekas, a 6-foot-7 sharpshooter from Michigan City, IN, committed to the Friars on Tuesday morning. The news was first reported by Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
Fazekas played his AAU ball with Meanstreets, a Nike affiliated program out of Chicago that counts Tyler Ulis and Paul White about their Class of 2014 standouts.
Fazekas was at Providence’s Midnight Madness celebration on Friday. Apparently he was impressive with Brandon Austin’s dunking ability. I was too.
This was yet another impressive get for Cooley, who has landed a number of key targets in the past few years. His 2014 recruiting class includes three top 100 prospects — Ben Bentil, Jalen Lindsay, and Paschal Chukwu.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)