Oct 29, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
Ed Cooley struck again on the recruiting trail, this time kicking off his 2015 recruiting class.
Ryan Fazekas, a 6-foot-7 sharpshooter from Michigan City, IN, committed to the Friars on Tuesday morning. The news was first reported by Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
Fazekas played his AAU ball with Meanstreets, a Nike affiliated program out of Chicago that counts Tyler Ulis and Paul White about their Class of 2014 standouts.
Fazekas was at Providence’s Midnight Madness celebration on Friday. Apparently he was impressive with Brandon Austin’s dunking ability. I was too.
This was yet another impressive get for Cooley, who has landed a number of key targets in the past few years. His 2014 recruiting class includes three top 100 prospects — Ben Bentil, Jalen Lindsay, and Paschal Chukwu.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)