Oct 29, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Ed Cooley struck again on the recruiting trail, this time kicking off his 2015 recruiting class.
Ryan Fazekas, a 6-foot-7 sharpshooter from Michigan City, IN, committed to the Friars on Tuesday morning. The news was first reported by Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
Fazekas played his AAU ball with Meanstreets, a Nike affiliated program out of Chicago that counts Tyler Ulis and Paul White about their Class of 2014 standouts.
Fazekas was at Providence’s Midnight Madness celebration on Friday. Apparently he was impressive with Brandon Austin’s dunking ability. I was too.
This was yet another impressive get for Cooley, who has landed a number of key targets in the past few years. His 2014 recruiting class includes three top 100 prospects — Ben Bentil, Jalen Lindsay, and Paschal Chukwu.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)