Oct 29, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Last week, we told you about Trey Freeman and the situation that he had found himself in at Old Dominion.
The Campbell transfer had applied for a waiver, and while the NCAA had made a ruling on the matter, ODU hadn’t announced whether or not a decision had been made.
Freeman, who averaged 14.3 points, 5.8 assists, 3.2 rebounds as a sophomore, had his appeal denied by the NCAA.
“Since the moment we received the denial of Trey’s appeal on Oct. 16, we have been attempting to have the NCAA reconsider its original decision,” said ODU head coach Jeff Jones. “It’s difficult to accept this decision given the seemingly inconsistent decisions made by the NCAA on these kind of matters. We look forward to Trey being in the program for the next three years.”
“I am extremely disappointed by this news, but excited to be part of the ODU program and the opportunity to be close to my family,” said Freeman. “My goal this year, now, is to help the team in whatever way I possibly can.”
Freeman, who went to high school in Virginia Beach, transferred to ODU to be closer to his mother, who is sick.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)