Oct 29, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Last week, we told you about Trey Freeman and the situation that he had found himself in at Old Dominion.
The Campbell transfer had applied for a waiver, and while the NCAA had made a ruling on the matter, ODU hadn’t announced whether or not a decision had been made.
Freeman, who averaged 14.3 points, 5.8 assists, 3.2 rebounds as a sophomore, had his appeal denied by the NCAA.
“Since the moment we received the denial of Trey’s appeal on Oct. 16, we have been attempting to have the NCAA reconsider its original decision,” said ODU head coach Jeff Jones. “It’s difficult to accept this decision given the seemingly inconsistent decisions made by the NCAA on these kind of matters. We look forward to Trey being in the program for the next three years.”
“I am extremely disappointed by this news, but excited to be part of the ODU program and the opportunity to be close to my family,” said Freeman. “My goal this year, now, is to help the team in whatever way I possibly can.”
Freeman, who went to high school in Virginia Beach, transferred to ODU to be closer to his mother, who is sick.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)