Oct 30, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
Andrew Wiggins kicked off his freshman season at Kansas on Tuesday night, as the Jayhawks took on Pittsburg State, a Division II school in Pittsburg, KS, at Phog Allen Fieldhouse in the first of two exhibition games.
Wiggins finished with 16 points in a blowout win, but that’s not what everyone’s going to be talking about. His dunk, which you can see at the :15 second mark of the video above, is. I mean, look at how high Wiggins gets:
The dunk came off of a set play, where Wiggins ran off of a backscreen by Joel Embiid and caught a lob on that poor Pittsburg State big man. If you remember what Ben McLemore did last season, catching what seemed like 50 alley-oops, that should give you an idea of what we should expect out of Wiggins this season. No one in the country is better at drawing up quick-hitting set plays than Bill Self, so don’t be surprised if this because a nightly occurrence for Wiggins this season.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)