Oct 30, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
Andrew Wiggins kicked off his freshman season at Kansas on Tuesday night, as the Jayhawks took on Pittsburg State, a Division II school in Pittsburg, KS, at Phog Allen Fieldhouse in the first of two exhibition games.
Wiggins finished with 16 points in a blowout win, but that’s not what everyone’s going to be talking about. His dunk, which you can see at the :15 second mark of the video above, is. I mean, look at how high Wiggins gets:
The dunk came off of a set play, where Wiggins ran off of a backscreen by Joel Embiid and caught a lob on that poor Pittsburg State big man. If you remember what Ben McLemore did last season, catching what seemed like 50 alley-oops, that should give you an idea of what we should expect out of Wiggins this season. No one in the country is better at drawing up quick-hitting set plays than Bill Self, so don’t be surprised if this because a nightly occurrence for Wiggins this season.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)