Oct 30, 2013, 12:37 AM EST
Andrew Wiggins kicked off his freshman season at Kansas on Tuesday night, as the Jayhawks took on Pittsburg State, a Division II school in Pittsburg, KS, at Phog Allen Fieldhouse in the first of two exhibition games.
Wiggins finished with 16 points in a blowout win, but that’s not what everyone’s going to be talking about. His dunk, which you can see at the :15 second mark of the video above, is. I mean, look at how high Wiggins gets:
The dunk came off of a set play, where Wiggins ran off of a backscreen by Joel Embiid and caught a lob on that poor Pittsburg State big man. If you remember what Ben McLemore did last season, catching what seemed like 50 alley-oops, that should give you an idea of what we should expect out of Wiggins this season. No one in the country is better at drawing up quick-hitting set plays than Bill Self, so don’t be surprised if this because a nightly occurrence for Wiggins this season.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)