Oct 30, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
Andrew Wiggins kicked off his freshman season at Kansas on Tuesday night, as the Jayhawks took on Pittsburg State, a Division II school in Pittsburg, KS, at Phog Allen Fieldhouse in the first of two exhibition games.
Wiggins finished with 16 points in a blowout win, but that’s not what everyone’s going to be talking about. His dunk, which you can see at the :15 second mark of the video above, is. I mean, look at how high Wiggins gets:
The dunk came off of a set play, where Wiggins ran off of a backscreen by Joel Embiid and caught a lob on that poor Pittsburg State big man. If you remember what Ben McLemore did last season, catching what seemed like 50 alley-oops, that should give you an idea of what we should expect out of Wiggins this season. No one in the country is better at drawing up quick-hitting set plays than Bill Self, so don’t be surprised if this because a nightly occurrence for Wiggins this season.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (40)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)