Oct 30, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
Andrew Wiggins kicked off his freshman season at Kansas on Tuesday night, as the Jayhawks took on Pittsburg State, a Division II school in Pittsburg, KS, at Phog Allen Fieldhouse in the first of two exhibition games.
Wiggins finished with 16 points in a blowout win, but that’s not what everyone’s going to be talking about. His dunk, which you can see at the :15 second mark of the video above, is. I mean, look at how high Wiggins gets:
The dunk came off of a set play, where Wiggins ran off of a backscreen by Joel Embiid and caught a lob on that poor Pittsburg State big man. If you remember what Ben McLemore did last season, catching what seemed like 50 alley-oops, that should give you an idea of what we should expect out of Wiggins this season. No one in the country is better at drawing up quick-hitting set plays than Bill Self, so don’t be surprised if this because a nightly occurrence for Wiggins this season.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)