Oct 30, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
When Fresno State opens the home portion of its schedule against Cal State Northridge, Rodney Terry’s team should be playing in front of a good-sized crowd. Why? Because tickets to the game are free, thanks to Indiana Pacer Paul George.
George, fresh off of signing a five-year extension that guarantees him anywhere from $80 million to $90 million, bought every remaining ticket in the 15,596-seat Save Mart Center according to the Clay Moffitt of The Business Journal. Thanks to George fans can print out a voucher and bring it down to the school’s ticket office, and they’ll receive a ticket to the game.
As for season ticket holders, they’ll be able to sit in their usual seats and thus avoid the mayhem that can result in “free-for-all” situations. This is a great gesture on George’s part, giving back to the fans who supported him during his two seasons playing for the Bulldogs. During his career at Fresno State George averaged 15.5 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game, and in 2010 he became the highest draft pick in school history when the Pacers selected him with the 10th overall pick.
George was also Fresno State’s first lottery selection since 2002, when forward/center Melvin Ely was picked 12th overall by the Los Angeles Clippers. In that particular draft three Bulldogs were selected: Ely, forward Chris Jefferies (27th overall, Los Angeles Lakers) and guard Tito Maddox (38th overall, Houston).
And for your viewing pleasure, here’s George as a freshman throwing down an emphatic dunk at Saint Mary’s.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)