Oct 30, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
Florida landed their third recruit in the Class of 2014 on Wednesday afternoon, as 6-foot-8 forward Devin Robinson committed to play for Billy Donovan and the Gators.
Robinson is ranked as the No. 20 recruit in the class, according to Rivals. A late-bloomer thanks to a growth spurt as a junior in high school, Robinson is a versatile offensive player with three-point range and the ability to handle and pass the ball. He’s long, lean and athletic, which allows him to be a playmaker of the defensive end of the floor, but he could stand to add a few pounds to his rail-thin frame.
The spring live period is when Robinson’s recruitment really took off thanks to an impressive performance at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest. At that point, he was a kid that was being heavily pursued by VCU with mostly mid-majors, and a couple of high-major programs, tracking him. He didn’t find his way into the Rivals top 100 until the summer. Robinson also spent some time this offseason traveling to Treviso, Italy, to play in the Adidas Eurocamp.
Robinson is a product of Christchurch HS in Christchurch, VA, and played his AAU ball for the Squires Richmond. He’ll join point guard Chris Chiozza and off-guard Brandone Francis in Florida’s Class of 2014.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)