Oct 30, 2013, 3:44 PM EDT
Florida landed their third recruit in the Class of 2014 on Wednesday afternoon, as 6-foot-8 forward Devin Robinson committed to play for Billy Donovan and the Gators.
Robinson is ranked as the No. 20 recruit in the class, according to Rivals. A late-bloomer thanks to a growth spurt as a junior in high school, Robinson is a versatile offensive player with three-point range and the ability to handle and pass the ball. He’s long, lean and athletic, which allows him to be a playmaker of the defensive end of the floor, but he could stand to add a few pounds to his rail-thin frame.
The spring live period is when Robinson’s recruitment really took off thanks to an impressive performance at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest. At that point, he was a kid that was being heavily pursued by VCU with mostly mid-majors, and a couple of high-major programs, tracking him. He didn’t find his way into the Rivals top 100 until the summer. Robinson also spent some time this offseason traveling to Treviso, Italy, to play in the Adidas Eurocamp.
Robinson is a product of Christchurch HS in Christchurch, VA, and played his AAU ball for the Squires Richmond. He’ll join point guard Chris Chiozza and off-guard Brandone Francis in Florida’s Class of 2014.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)