Oct 30, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
Florida landed their third recruit in the Class of 2014 on Wednesday afternoon, as 6-foot-8 forward Devin Robinson committed to play for Billy Donovan and the Gators.
Robinson is ranked as the No. 20 recruit in the class, according to Rivals. A late-bloomer thanks to a growth spurt as a junior in high school, Robinson is a versatile offensive player with three-point range and the ability to handle and pass the ball. He’s long, lean and athletic, which allows him to be a playmaker of the defensive end of the floor, but he could stand to add a few pounds to his rail-thin frame.
The spring live period is when Robinson’s recruitment really took off thanks to an impressive performance at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest. At that point, he was a kid that was being heavily pursued by VCU with mostly mid-majors, and a couple of high-major programs, tracking him. He didn’t find his way into the Rivals top 100 until the summer. Robinson also spent some time this offseason traveling to Treviso, Italy, to play in the Adidas Eurocamp.
Robinson is a product of Christchurch HS in Christchurch, VA, and played his AAU ball for the Squires Richmond. He’ll join point guard Chris Chiozza and off-guard Brandone Francis in Florida’s Class of 2014.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (5)