Oct 30, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
Florida landed their third recruit in the Class of 2014 on Wednesday afternoon, as 6-foot-8 forward Devin Robinson committed to play for Billy Donovan and the Gators.
Robinson is ranked as the No. 20 recruit in the class, according to Rivals. A late-bloomer thanks to a growth spurt as a junior in high school, Robinson is a versatile offensive player with three-point range and the ability to handle and pass the ball. He’s long, lean and athletic, which allows him to be a playmaker of the defensive end of the floor, but he could stand to add a few pounds to his rail-thin frame.
The spring live period is when Robinson’s recruitment really took off thanks to an impressive performance at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest. At that point, he was a kid that was being heavily pursued by VCU with mostly mid-majors, and a couple of high-major programs, tracking him. He didn’t find his way into the Rivals top 100 until the summer. Robinson also spent some time this offseason traveling to Treviso, Italy, to play in the Adidas Eurocamp.
Robinson is a product of Christchurch HS in Christchurch, VA, and played his AAU ball for the Squires Richmond. He’ll join point guard Chris Chiozza and off-guard Brandone Francis in Florida’s Class of 2014.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)