Oct 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Florida basketball took yet another hit on Thursday morning as head coach Billy Donovan announced that Damontre Harris and Dorian Finney-Smith have joined Scottie Wilbekin on the suspended indefinitely list.
Harris and Finney-Smith will not play in Florida’s exhibition game and they will both miss at least one regular season game.
That’s problematic for the Gators, as we’ve now reached a point in time where it is easier to list who is healthy and available than it is to list who is not.
Patric Young, Kasey Hill, DeVon Walker, Casey Prather and Dillon Graham. Those are Florida’s lone scholarship players that are not suspended and 100% healthy with the start of the season just eight days away. In addition to the three players that are suspended, Chris Walker is not yet enrolled in school, Michael Frazier has mono, Eli Carter is recovering from a broken leg and Will Yeguete is recovering from offseason knee surgery.
That’s not exactly ideal.
(UPDATE: It looks like they’ll be getting two games apiece.)
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 0
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 0
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)