Oct 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Florida basketball took yet another hit on Thursday morning as head coach Billy Donovan announced that Damontre Harris and Dorian Finney-Smith have joined Scottie Wilbekin on the suspended indefinitely list.
Harris and Finney-Smith will not play in Florida’s exhibition game and they will both miss at least one regular season game.
That’s problematic for the Gators, as we’ve now reached a point in time where it is easier to list who is healthy and available than it is to list who is not.
Patric Young, Kasey Hill, DeVon Walker, Casey Prather and Dillon Graham. Those are Florida’s lone scholarship players that are not suspended and 100% healthy with the start of the season just eight days away. In addition to the three players that are suspended, Chris Walker is not yet enrolled in school, Michael Frazier has mono, Eli Carter is recovering from a broken leg and Will Yeguete is recovering from offseason knee surgery.
That’s not exactly ideal.
(UPDATE: It looks like they’ll be getting two games apiece.)
- Should Virginia be the fourth one-seed? 5
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Midwest Region: Instant Analysis 6
- 2014 NCAA Tournament East Region: Instant Analysis 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament West Region: Instant Analysis 1
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis 7
- Florida, Wichita State, Arizona, Virginia claim No. 1 seeds 1
- Final Bracketology: Florida is your overall No. 1 seed 3
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- Big Ten Tournament: No. 22 Michigan State takes another step forward in win over No. 12 Wisconsin (8)