Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Iowa State lost a key player to a fairly serious injury on Thursday as the school announced that Melvin Ejim will miss at least a month.
Ejim hyperextended his left knee during practice on Wednesday and suffered a bone bruise as well. Already thin in the front court, that means that Fred Hoiberg’s club will head into the meat of their non-conference schedule missing a guy that averaged 11.3 points and a Big 12-leading 9.3 boards last season. Ejim also shot 34.8% from three, which made him a key piece in helping ISU spread the floor.
Ejim will likely miss games against Michigan, at BYU, against Auburn and at Northern Iowa. He may also miss December 13th’s matchup with Iowa.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)