Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Iowa State lost a key player to a fairly serious injury on Thursday as the school announced that Melvin Ejim will miss at least a month.
Ejim hyperextended his left knee during practice on Wednesday and suffered a bone bruise as well. Already thin in the front court, that means that Fred Hoiberg’s club will head into the meat of their non-conference schedule missing a guy that averaged 11.3 points and a Big 12-leading 9.3 boards last season. Ejim also shot 34.8% from three, which made him a key piece in helping ISU spread the floor.
Ejim will likely miss games against Michigan, at BYU, against Auburn and at Northern Iowa. He may also miss December 13th’s matchup with Iowa.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)