Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 PM EST
Iowa State lost a key player to a fairly serious injury on Thursday as the school announced that Melvin Ejim will miss at least a month.
Ejim hyperextended his left knee during practice on Wednesday and suffered a bone bruise as well. Already thin in the front court, that means that Fred Hoiberg’s club will head into the meat of their non-conference schedule missing a guy that averaged 11.3 points and a Big 12-leading 9.3 boards last season. Ejim also shot 34.8% from three, which made him a key piece in helping ISU spread the floor.
Ejim will likely miss games against Michigan, at BYU, against Auburn and at Northern Iowa. He may also miss December 13th’s matchup with Iowa.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)