Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Iowa State lost a key player to a fairly serious injury on Thursday as the school announced that Melvin Ejim will miss at least a month.
Ejim hyperextended his left knee during practice on Wednesday and suffered a bone bruise as well. Already thin in the front court, that means that Fred Hoiberg’s club will head into the meat of their non-conference schedule missing a guy that averaged 11.3 points and a Big 12-leading 9.3 boards last season. Ejim also shot 34.8% from three, which made him a key piece in helping ISU spread the floor.
Ejim will likely miss games against Michigan, at BYU, against Auburn and at Northern Iowa. He may also miss December 13th’s matchup with Iowa.
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)