Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Iowa State lost a key player to a fairly serious injury on Thursday as the school announced that Melvin Ejim will miss at least a month.
Ejim hyperextended his left knee during practice on Wednesday and suffered a bone bruise as well. Already thin in the front court, that means that Fred Hoiberg’s club will head into the meat of their non-conference schedule missing a guy that averaged 11.3 points and a Big 12-leading 9.3 boards last season. Ejim also shot 34.8% from three, which made him a key piece in helping ISU spread the floor.
Ejim will likely miss games against Michigan, at BYU, against Auburn and at Northern Iowa. He may also miss December 13th’s matchup with Iowa.
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 5
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 4
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)