Oct 31, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Stanford made another quality front court pick up on Wednesday evening as the Cardinal landed a commitment from Michael Humphrey.
Humphrey is a lanky, 6-foot-10 forward from Arizona that currently is ranked 74th by Rivals in the Class of 2014.
Eric Bossi’s scouting report on him: “Thin big man is very mobile and is improving rapidly. Not overly physical but he will rebound and he can definitely stick a jump shot. Runs the floor well, passes well out of double teams and seems to add to his game each time out. Needs more strength and experience against high end players.”
Johnny Dawkins will need to replace Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis, who graduate after this season, but that doesn’t mean that Humphrey will immediately be stepping into minutes in Palo Alto. Sophomores Grant Verhoeven and Rosco Allen and freshman Schuyler Rimmer are already on the roster.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)