Oct 31, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
Stanford made another quality front court pick up on Wednesday evening as the Cardinal landed a commitment from Michael Humphrey.
Humphrey is a lanky, 6-foot-10 forward from Arizona that currently is ranked 74th by Rivals in the Class of 2014.
Eric Bossi’s scouting report on him: “Thin big man is very mobile and is improving rapidly. Not overly physical but he will rebound and he can definitely stick a jump shot. Runs the floor well, passes well out of double teams and seems to add to his game each time out. Needs more strength and experience against high end players.”
Johnny Dawkins will need to replace Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis, who graduate after this season, but that doesn’t mean that Humphrey will immediately be stepping into minutes in Palo Alto. Sophomores Grant Verhoeven and Rosco Allen and freshman Schuyler Rimmer are already on the roster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)