Oct 31, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
Stanford made another quality front court pick up on Wednesday evening as the Cardinal landed a commitment from Michael Humphrey.
Humphrey is a lanky, 6-foot-10 forward from Arizona that currently is ranked 74th by Rivals in the Class of 2014.
Eric Bossi’s scouting report on him: “Thin big man is very mobile and is improving rapidly. Not overly physical but he will rebound and he can definitely stick a jump shot. Runs the floor well, passes well out of double teams and seems to add to his game each time out. Needs more strength and experience against high end players.”
Johnny Dawkins will need to replace Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis, who graduate after this season, but that doesn’t mean that Humphrey will immediately be stepping into minutes in Palo Alto. Sophomores Grant Verhoeven and Rosco Allen and freshman Schuyler Rimmer are already on the roster.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (7)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)