Oct 31, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Longwood University held its preseason event at a later date than most Division I teams, holding “Lancer Madness” on Wednesday night. Given the proximity to Halloween, the men’s and women’s basketball teams came together to put forth their best version of the dance scenes in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video.
There seemed to be a little confusion amongst members of the men’s team during the latter portion of the dance, so they just scrapped the routine and did their own thing. The video below also includes first-year men’s basketball head coach Jayson Gee firing up the crowd, and some clips from dunk contest champion Tristan Carey.
Not in the video is the shooting contest, which featured two players hitting half-court shots to win prizes for the fans.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)