Oct 31, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Longwood University held its preseason event at a later date than most Division I teams, holding “Lancer Madness” on Wednesday night. Given the proximity to Halloween, the men’s and women’s basketball teams came together to put forth their best version of the dance scenes in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video.
There seemed to be a little confusion amongst members of the men’s team during the latter portion of the dance, so they just scrapped the routine and did their own thing. The video below also includes first-year men’s basketball head coach Jayson Gee firing up the crowd, and some clips from dunk contest champion Tristan Carey.
Not in the video is the shooting contest, which featured two players hitting half-court shots to win prizes for the fans.
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 1 Recap: Derryck Thornton outshines Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere 0
- Senate Commerce Committee grills NCAA president Mark Emmert 0
- July Live Period Preview: The most notable events during the summer 0
- July Live Period Preview: Eight story lines to watch the next three weeks 0
- Seven programs with the most on the line during July’s live period 1
- What is the July evaluation period, and why is it so important? 1
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (8)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (3)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)