Oct 31, 2013, 7:46 PM EST
Longwood University held its preseason event at a later date than most Division I teams, holding “Lancer Madness” on Wednesday night. Given the proximity to Halloween, the men’s and women’s basketball teams came together to put forth their best version of the dance scenes in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video.
There seemed to be a little confusion amongst members of the men’s team during the latter portion of the dance, so they just scrapped the routine and did their own thing. The video below also includes first-year men’s basketball head coach Jayson Gee firing up the crowd, and some clips from dunk contest champion Tristan Carey.
Not in the video is the shooting contest, which featured two players hitting half-court shots to win prizes for the fans.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)