Oct 31, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Longwood University held its preseason event at a later date than most Division I teams, holding “Lancer Madness” on Wednesday night. Given the proximity to Halloween, the men’s and women’s basketball teams came together to put forth their best version of the dance scenes in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video.
There seemed to be a little confusion amongst members of the men’s team during the latter portion of the dance, so they just scrapped the routine and did their own thing. The video below also includes first-year men’s basketball head coach Jayson Gee firing up the crowd, and some clips from dunk contest champion Tristan Carey.
Not in the video is the shooting contest, which featured two players hitting half-court shots to win prizes for the fans.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)