Nov 2, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
Despite missing a couple of starting guards, North Carolina cruised to an 82-63 win over North Carolina Pembroke as they used a lot of unique lineups.
The status for starting guards P.J. Hairston and Leslie McDonald remains uncertain going forward according to Adam Lucas of GoHeels.com and sophomore guard J.P. Tokoto was suspended for the game and will return to face Oakland next week.
Without those three on the wing, the Tar Heels got creative with lineups as guys like James Michael McAdoo and freshman forward Isaiah Hicks played some minutes at the three and Marcus Paige also played a bit off the ball.
Freshman point guard Nate Britt was a positive for North Carolina, dishing out six assists to only two turnovers and he also added five steals as he’ll be likely counted on for some early-season minutes with the uncertain status of Hairston and McDonald going forward.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)