Nov 2, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
Despite missing a couple of starting guards, North Carolina cruised to an 82-63 win over North Carolina Pembroke as they used a lot of unique lineups.
The status for starting guards P.J. Hairston and Leslie McDonald remains uncertain going forward according to Adam Lucas of GoHeels.com and sophomore guard J.P. Tokoto was suspended for the game and will return to face Oakland next week.
Without those three on the wing, the Tar Heels got creative with lineups as guys like James Michael McAdoo and freshman forward Isaiah Hicks played some minutes at the three and Marcus Paige also played a bit off the ball.
Freshman point guard Nate Britt was a positive for North Carolina, dishing out six assists to only two turnovers and he also added five steals as he’ll be likely counted on for some early-season minutes with the uncertain status of Hairston and McDonald going forward.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)