Nov 2, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Despite missing a couple of starting guards, North Carolina cruised to an 82-63 win over North Carolina Pembroke as they used a lot of unique lineups.
The status for starting guards P.J. Hairston and Leslie McDonald remains uncertain going forward according to Adam Lucas of GoHeels.com and sophomore guard J.P. Tokoto was suspended for the game and will return to face Oakland next week.
Without those three on the wing, the Tar Heels got creative with lineups as guys like James Michael McAdoo and freshman forward Isaiah Hicks played some minutes at the three and Marcus Paige also played a bit off the ball.
Freshman point guard Nate Britt was a positive for North Carolina, dishing out six assists to only two turnovers and he also added five steals as he’ll be likely counted on for some early-season minutes with the uncertain status of Hairston and McDonald going forward.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)