Nov 2, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Despite missing a couple of starting guards, North Carolina cruised to an 82-63 win over North Carolina Pembroke as they used a lot of unique lineups.
The status for starting guards P.J. Hairston and Leslie McDonald remains uncertain going forward according to Adam Lucas of GoHeels.com and sophomore guard J.P. Tokoto was suspended for the game and will return to face Oakland next week.
Without those three on the wing, the Tar Heels got creative with lineups as guys like James Michael McAdoo and freshman forward Isaiah Hicks played some minutes at the three and Marcus Paige also played a bit off the ball.
Freshman point guard Nate Britt was a positive for North Carolina, dishing out six assists to only two turnovers and he also added five steals as he’ll be likely counted on for some early-season minutes with the uncertain status of Hairston and McDonald going forward.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)