Nov 2, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
Despite missing a couple of starting guards, North Carolina cruised to an 82-63 win over North Carolina Pembroke as they used a lot of unique lineups.
The status for starting guards P.J. Hairston and Leslie McDonald remains uncertain going forward according to Adam Lucas of GoHeels.com and sophomore guard J.P. Tokoto was suspended for the game and will return to face Oakland next week.
Without those three on the wing, the Tar Heels got creative with lineups as guys like James Michael McAdoo and freshman forward Isaiah Hicks played some minutes at the three and Marcus Paige also played a bit off the ball.
Freshman point guard Nate Britt was a positive for North Carolina, dishing out six assists to only two turnovers and he also added five steals as he’ll be likely counted on for some early-season minutes with the uncertain status of Hairston and McDonald going forward.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)