Nov 3, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
College of Charleston freshman guard Johnathan Burroughs-Cook played nine minutes, scoring six points in the Cougars 102-87 exhibition win over Division II opponent Newberry College on Saturday. With under a minute to go, one of his two buckets became the highlight of the night. The 6-foot-1 guard blew by his defender, then posterized the 6-foot-7 forward, who slid into the restricted area.
The second angle of the dunk may be the best. Although its the furthest away from the play, it shows the reactions from the fans and Cook’s teammates. Pretty much everyone on the Charleston bench needs to be held back from running on to the floor, while one player managed marched down the sideline, just like one of the fans sitting courtside on the opposite side of the floor.
The Cougars have a big week ahead of them. They travel to Louisville this weekend to take on the defending national champion in the season opener on Saturday afternoon.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)