Nov 3, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
College of Charleston freshman guard Johnathan Burroughs-Cook played nine minutes, scoring six points in the Cougars 102-87 exhibition win over Division II opponent Newberry College on Saturday. With under a minute to go, one of his two buckets became the highlight of the night. The 6-foot-1 guard blew by his defender, then posterized the 6-foot-7 forward, who slid into the restricted area.
The second angle of the dunk may be the best. Although its the furthest away from the play, it shows the reactions from the fans and Cook’s teammates. Pretty much everyone on the Charleston bench needs to be held back from running on to the floor, while one player managed marched down the sideline, just like one of the fans sitting courtside on the opposite side of the floor.
The Cougars have a big week ahead of them. They travel to Louisville this weekend to take on the defending national champion in the season opener on Saturday afternoon.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1