Nov 3, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
College of Charleston freshman guard Johnathan Burroughs-Cook played nine minutes, scoring six points in the Cougars 102-87 exhibition win over Division II opponent Newberry College on Saturday. With under a minute to go, one of his two buckets became the highlight of the night. The 6-foot-1 guard blew by his defender, then posterized the 6-foot-7 forward, who slid into the restricted area.
The second angle of the dunk may be the best. Although its the furthest away from the play, it shows the reactions from the fans and Cook’s teammates. Pretty much everyone on the Charleston bench needs to be held back from running on to the floor, while one player managed marched down the sideline, just like one of the fans sitting courtside on the opposite side of the floor.
The Cougars have a big week ahead of them. They travel to Louisville this weekend to take on the defending national champion in the season opener on Saturday afternoon.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)