Nov 3, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
College of Charleston freshman guard Johnathan Burroughs-Cook played nine minutes, scoring six points in the Cougars 102-87 exhibition win over Division II opponent Newberry College on Saturday. With under a minute to go, one of his two buckets became the highlight of the night. The 6-foot-1 guard blew by his defender, then posterized the 6-foot-7 forward, who slid into the restricted area.
The second angle of the dunk may be the best. Although its the furthest away from the play, it shows the reactions from the fans and Cook’s teammates. Pretty much everyone on the Charleston bench needs to be held back from running on to the floor, while one player managed marched down the sideline, just like one of the fans sitting courtside on the opposite side of the floor.
The Cougars have a big week ahead of them. They travel to Louisville this weekend to take on the defending national champion in the season opener on Saturday afternoon.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)