Nov 3, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
College of Charleston freshman guard Johnathan Burroughs-Cook played nine minutes, scoring six points in the Cougars 102-87 exhibition win over Division II opponent Newberry College on Saturday. With under a minute to go, one of his two buckets became the highlight of the night. The 6-foot-1 guard blew by his defender, then posterized the 6-foot-7 forward, who slid into the restricted area.
The second angle of the dunk may be the best. Although its the furthest away from the play, it shows the reactions from the fans and Cook’s teammates. Pretty much everyone on the Charleston bench needs to be held back from running on to the floor, while one player managed marched down the sideline, just like one of the fans sitting courtside on the opposite side of the floor.
The Cougars have a big week ahead of them. They travel to Louisville this weekend to take on the defending national champion in the season opener on Saturday afternoon.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)