Nov 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The Associated Press released its preseason All-America team on Monday and it is led by Oklahoma State sophomore guard Marcus Smart, the only member of the team to be unanimously voted among all 65 voters.
Joining Smart on the preseason AP All-America team includes Creighton’s Doug McDermott, Louisville’s Russ Smith, Michigan’s Mitch McGary and Kansas freshman sensation Andrew Wiggins.
The only difference in the AP preseason All-America team and the NBCSports.com preseason All-America team is the inclusion of Mitch McGary instead of Kentucky freshman forward Julius Randle, who joined Wiggins as one of two true freshman in NBCSports.com’s preseason All-America team.
Wiggins joins former North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes as the only freshman to receive preseason All-America honors after Barnes was honored before the 2010-11 season.
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)