Nov 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Associated Press released its preseason All-America team on Monday and it is led by Oklahoma State sophomore guard Marcus Smart, the only member of the team to be unanimously voted among all 65 voters.
Joining Smart on the preseason AP All-America team includes Creighton’s Doug McDermott, Louisville’s Russ Smith, Michigan’s Mitch McGary and Kansas freshman sensation Andrew Wiggins.
The only difference in the AP preseason All-America team and the NBCSports.com preseason All-America team is the inclusion of Mitch McGary instead of Kentucky freshman forward Julius Randle, who joined Wiggins as one of two true freshman in NBCSports.com’s preseason All-America team.
Wiggins joins former North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes as the only freshman to receive preseason All-America honors after Barnes was honored before the 2010-11 season.
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 67
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (67)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)