Nov 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The Associated Press released its preseason All-America team on Monday and it is led by Oklahoma State sophomore guard Marcus Smart, the only member of the team to be unanimously voted among all 65 voters.
Joining Smart on the preseason AP All-America team includes Creighton’s Doug McDermott, Louisville’s Russ Smith, Michigan’s Mitch McGary and Kansas freshman sensation Andrew Wiggins.
The only difference in the AP preseason All-America team and the NBCSports.com preseason All-America team is the inclusion of Mitch McGary instead of Kentucky freshman forward Julius Randle, who joined Wiggins as one of two true freshman in NBCSports.com’s preseason All-America team.
Wiggins joins former North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes as the only freshman to receive preseason All-America honors after Barnes was honored before the 2010-11 season.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)