Nov 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Associated Press released its preseason All-America team on Monday and it is led by Oklahoma State sophomore guard Marcus Smart, the only member of the team to be unanimously voted among all 65 voters.
Joining Smart on the preseason AP All-America team includes Creighton’s Doug McDermott, Louisville’s Russ Smith, Michigan’s Mitch McGary and Kansas freshman sensation Andrew Wiggins.
The only difference in the AP preseason All-America team and the NBCSports.com preseason All-America team is the inclusion of Mitch McGary instead of Kentucky freshman forward Julius Randle, who joined Wiggins as one of two true freshman in NBCSports.com’s preseason All-America team.
Wiggins joins former North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes as the only freshman to receive preseason All-America honors after Barnes was honored before the 2010-11 season.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)