Nov 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Associated Press released its preseason All-America team on Monday and it is led by Oklahoma State sophomore guard Marcus Smart, the only member of the team to be unanimously voted among all 65 voters.
Joining Smart on the preseason AP All-America team includes Creighton’s Doug McDermott, Louisville’s Russ Smith, Michigan’s Mitch McGary and Kansas freshman sensation Andrew Wiggins.
The only difference in the AP preseason All-America team and the NBCSports.com preseason All-America team is the inclusion of Mitch McGary instead of Kentucky freshman forward Julius Randle, who joined Wiggins as one of two true freshman in NBCSports.com’s preseason All-America team.
Wiggins joins former North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes as the only freshman to receive preseason All-America honors after Barnes was honored before the 2010-11 season.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)