Nov 4, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Butler will lose junior wing Andrew Smeathers just six days before the season begins as the 6-foot-6 forward has opted to transfer, according to a release from the school.
Smeathers played two seasons for the Bulldogs and appeared in 43 games over two seasons, but saw limited minutes after two preseason games this season as he dealt with a quad injury. Smeathers was expected to compete for minutes after Roosevelt Jones was lost for the season earlier this year but only played nine minutes of time total in the two exhibition games.
“This is definitely one of the hardest decisions of my life,” said Smeathers in the release. “I’ve loved Butler ever since I arrived here, everything from the basketball, my coaches, my teammates to the school and the individuals I’ve met. I leave here on good terms with my coaches and teammates.”
Smeathers will finish out the fall semester at Butler before transferring to a new program.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)