Nov 4, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Butler will lose junior wing Andrew Smeathers just six days before the season begins as the 6-foot-6 forward has opted to transfer, according to a release from the school.
Smeathers played two seasons for the Bulldogs and appeared in 43 games over two seasons, but saw limited minutes after two preseason games this season as he dealt with a quad injury. Smeathers was expected to compete for minutes after Roosevelt Jones was lost for the season earlier this year but only played nine minutes of time total in the two exhibition games.
“This is definitely one of the hardest decisions of my life,” said Smeathers in the release. “I’ve loved Butler ever since I arrived here, everything from the basketball, my coaches, my teammates to the school and the individuals I’ve met. I leave here on good terms with my coaches and teammates.”
Smeathers will finish out the fall semester at Butler before transferring to a new program.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)