Nov 4, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Butler will lose junior wing Andrew Smeathers just six days before the season begins as the 6-foot-6 forward has opted to transfer, according to a release from the school.
Smeathers played two seasons for the Bulldogs and appeared in 43 games over two seasons, but saw limited minutes after two preseason games this season as he dealt with a quad injury. Smeathers was expected to compete for minutes after Roosevelt Jones was lost for the season earlier this year but only played nine minutes of time total in the two exhibition games.
“This is definitely one of the hardest decisions of my life,” said Smeathers in the release. “I’ve loved Butler ever since I arrived here, everything from the basketball, my coaches, my teammates to the school and the individuals I’ve met. I leave here on good terms with my coaches and teammates.”
Smeathers will finish out the fall semester at Butler before transferring to a new program.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 4
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)