Nov 4, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Colorado announced on Monday that redshirt-freshman forward Chris Jenkins has opted to transfer out of the program, per a release from the school. The 6-foot-7 Jenkins redshirted last season and played on the Athletes In Action basketball team that traveled to Lithuania for an exhibition tour this summer.
Jenkins averaged 7.8 points and 3.3 rebounds in 17.8 minutes of play as Team USA went 4-1 on the trip. A three-star prospect according to Rivals, Jenkins is a native of Detroit, Michigan and was a member of the class of 2012.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)