Nov 4, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Javonte Douglas is a 6-foot-8 forward from Charlotte, NC. Originally a member of the Class of 2012, Douglas decided to forego a year of prep school coming out of high school and instead went the JuCo route. He spent the 2012-2013 season putting up all-american caliber numbers at Hill College in Texas before transferring to the College of Central Florida, where he had an immediate impact.
It’s not the best video quality, but as you can see, Douglas nearly kills himself as he dunks over three guys — include someone on his own team — on a tip-dunk. And yes, that’s his face at rim level.
Douglas has had an interesting recruitment, as he’s committed and decommitted from Central Florida and Southern Miss within the last year.
(h/t Liam Jones)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)