Nov 4, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Javonte Douglas is a 6-foot-8 forward from Charlotte, NC. Originally a member of the Class of 2012, Douglas decided to forego a year of prep school coming out of high school and instead went the JuCo route. He spent the 2012-2013 season putting up all-american caliber numbers at Hill College in Texas before transferring to the College of Central Florida, where he had an immediate impact.
It’s not the best video quality, but as you can see, Douglas nearly kills himself as he dunks over three guys — include someone on his own team — on a tip-dunk. And yes, that’s his face at rim level.
Douglas has had an interesting recruitment, as he’s committed and decommitted from Central Florida and Southern Miss within the last year.
(h/t Liam Jones)
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)