Nov 4, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Javonte Douglas is a 6-foot-8 forward from Charlotte, NC. Originally a member of the Class of 2012, Douglas decided to forego a year of prep school coming out of high school and instead went the JuCo route. He spent the 2012-2013 season putting up all-american caliber numbers at Hill College in Texas before transferring to the College of Central Florida, where he had an immediate impact.
It’s not the best video quality, but as you can see, Douglas nearly kills himself as he dunks over three guys — include someone on his own team — on a tip-dunk. And yes, that’s his face at rim level.
Douglas has had an interesting recruitment, as he’s committed and decommitted from Central Florida and Southern Miss within the last year.
(h/t Liam Jones)
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)