Nov 4, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Javonte Douglas is a 6-foot-8 forward from Charlotte, NC. Originally a member of the Class of 2012, Douglas decided to forego a year of prep school coming out of high school and instead went the JuCo route. He spent the 2012-2013 season putting up all-american caliber numbers at Hill College in Texas before transferring to the College of Central Florida, where he had an immediate impact.
It’s not the best video quality, but as you can see, Douglas nearly kills himself as he dunks over three guys — include someone on his own team — on a tip-dunk. And yes, that’s his face at rim level.
Douglas has had an interesting recruitment, as he’s committed and decommitted from Central Florida and Southern Miss within the last year.
(h/t Liam Jones)
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)