Nov 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Providence was worried that guard Kris Dunn would miss time after injuring the same right shoulder he had surgery on last season during Friday night’s exhibition win over Division III Rhode Island College, but Dunn won’t miss very much time according to a report from the Providence Journal.
Providence head coach Ed Cooley told the Providence Journal that Dunn’s shoulder is “sore” and that he’s day-to-day as his status remains unclear for this Friday’s opener against Boston College. Dunn, a 6-foot-3 sophomore, had surgery to repair a torn labrum in the summer of 2012 and missed time until December as the former McDonald’s All-American averaged 5.7 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 25 games last season for Providence.
The injury shouldn’t be too significant for the Friars as Dunn and shooting guard Bryce Cotton figure to be one of the better backcourts in the Big East this season.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (5)