Nov 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Providence was worried that guard Kris Dunn would miss time after injuring the same right shoulder he had surgery on last season during Friday night’s exhibition win over Division III Rhode Island College, but Dunn won’t miss very much time according to a report from the Providence Journal.
Providence head coach Ed Cooley told the Providence Journal that Dunn’s shoulder is “sore” and that he’s day-to-day as his status remains unclear for this Friday’s opener against Boston College. Dunn, a 6-foot-3 sophomore, had surgery to repair a torn labrum in the summer of 2012 and missed time until December as the former McDonald’s All-American averaged 5.7 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 25 games last season for Providence.
The injury shouldn’t be too significant for the Friars as Dunn and shooting guard Bryce Cotton figure to be one of the better backcourts in the Big East this season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)