Nov 4, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Texas picked up their second commitment in the class of 2014 on Monday morning as Obinna Oleka, a 6-foot-7 power forward originally from the DC area, announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Longhorns.
The news was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com.
Oleka played his JuCo ball at State College of Florida, where he averaged 24 points and 11 boards last season. Charlotte, Old Dominion, Southern Miss and South Florida were also pursuing Oleka, according to Rivals.
Oleka joins Jordan Barnett as the Rick Barnes’ two commitments in 2014. Barnett is a top 100 small forward from St. Louis.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)