Nov 4, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Texas picked up their second commitment in the class of 2014 on Monday morning as Obinna Oleka, a 6-foot-7 power forward originally from the DC area, announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Longhorns.
The news was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com.
Oleka played his JuCo ball at State College of Florida, where he averaged 24 points and 11 boards last season. Charlotte, Old Dominion, Southern Miss and South Florida were also pursuing Oleka, according to Rivals.
Oleka joins Jordan Barnett as the Rick Barnes’ two commitments in 2014. Barnett is a top 100 small forward from St. Louis.
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 10
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)