Nov 4, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Texas picked up their second commitment in the class of 2014 on Monday morning as Obinna Oleka, a 6-foot-7 power forward originally from the DC area, announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Longhorns.
The news was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com.
Oleka played his JuCo ball at State College of Florida, where he averaged 24 points and 11 boards last season. Charlotte, Old Dominion, Southern Miss and South Florida were also pursuing Oleka, according to Rivals.
Oleka joins Jordan Barnett as the Rick Barnes’ two commitments in 2014. Barnett is a top 100 small forward from St. Louis.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)