Nov 4, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Texas picked up their second commitment in the class of 2014 on Monday morning as Obinna Oleka, a 6-foot-7 power forward originally from the DC area, announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Longhorns.
The news was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com.
Oleka played his JuCo ball at State College of Florida, where he averaged 24 points and 11 boards last season. Charlotte, Old Dominion, Southern Miss and South Florida were also pursuing Oleka, according to Rivals.
Oleka joins Jordan Barnett as the Rick Barnes’ two commitments in 2014. Barnett is a top 100 small forward from St. Louis.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)