Nov 4, 2013, 12:58 PM EST
Texas picked up their second commitment in the class of 2014 on Monday morning as Obinna Oleka, a 6-foot-7 power forward originally from the DC area, announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Longhorns.
The news was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com.
Oleka played his JuCo ball at State College of Florida, where he averaged 24 points and 11 boards last season. Charlotte, Old Dominion, Southern Miss and South Florida were also pursuing Oleka, according to Rivals.
Oleka joins Jordan Barnett as the Rick Barnes’ two commitments in 2014. Barnett is a top 100 small forward from St. Louis.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)