Nov 5, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Less than two months after ending his recruitment early, four-star 2015 power forward Alex Owens is back on the boards.
“He came to my office this morning and said he wants to reopen his recruitment,” Owens’ coach Alex Jackson told Collings on Tuesday.
“He still likes UCF, but he wants to enjoy the process.”
In mid-September, the Orlando native mentioned he wanted a school that was close to home while UCF’s move to the American also played a role in his decision. At that time several other in-state schools such as Florida, Florida State and Miami had offered him. Cinnicinnati, Maryland, Missouri, N.C. State and Providence were also in the mix as well.
Louisville had also seen him weeks before he picked UCF.
This summer, Owens was on the Each 1 Teach 1 (Fla.) team that won the Nike EYBL Peach Jam. He averaged 9.0 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game. He also represented USA South in the Nike Global Challenge, averaging 11.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per contest while also posting a pair of double-doubles in the showcase.
He is ranked No. 71 overall in the Class of 2015. Owens was the first member of the Golden Knights’ Class of 2015, but during his short commitment UCF has landed Deltona High (Fla.) power forward Chad Brown and Lakewood Senior High (Fla.) small forward Anthony Lawrence Jr.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)