Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Jameel McKay was one of the top junior college prospects in the country this past season, and after a quick pit stop at Marquette, the 6-foot-8 forward has landed in Ames, Iowa.
McKay’s transfer to Iowa State was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
This last year at Indian Hills Community College (Iowa), McKay averaged 16.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game. He was set to join a front court at Marqutte that featured Davante Gardner and Chris Otule. But on Oct. 17, McKay decided to leave the school, before ever playing a game.
According to Hines, McKay is expected to enroll at Iowa State for the spring semester. The likely result is that he will be eligible for the second half of the 2014-2015 season, and then have a full season left for the following year.
The Cyclones begin the 2013-2014 season on Sunday against UNC-Wilmington.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)