Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Jameel McKay was one of the top junior college prospects in the country this past season, and after a quick pit stop at Marquette, the 6-foot-8 forward has landed in Ames, Iowa.
McKay’s transfer to Iowa State was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
This last year at Indian Hills Community College (Iowa), McKay averaged 16.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game. He was set to join a front court at Marqutte that featured Davante Gardner and Chris Otule. But on Oct. 17, McKay decided to leave the school, before ever playing a game.
According to Hines, McKay is expected to enroll at Iowa State for the spring semester. The likely result is that he will be eligible for the second half of the 2014-2015 season, and then have a full season left for the following year.
The Cyclones begin the 2013-2014 season on Sunday against UNC-Wilmington.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)