Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Jameel McKay was one of the top junior college prospects in the country this past season, and after a quick pit stop at Marquette, the 6-foot-8 forward has landed in Ames, Iowa.
McKay’s transfer to Iowa State was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
This last year at Indian Hills Community College (Iowa), McKay averaged 16.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game. He was set to join a front court at Marqutte that featured Davante Gardner and Chris Otule. But on Oct. 17, McKay decided to leave the school, before ever playing a game.
According to Hines, McKay is expected to enroll at Iowa State for the spring semester. The likely result is that he will be eligible for the second half of the 2014-2015 season, and then have a full season left for the following year.
The Cyclones begin the 2013-2014 season on Sunday against UNC-Wilmington.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)