Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Jameel McKay was one of the top junior college prospects in the country this past season, and after a quick pit stop at Marquette, the 6-foot-8 forward has landed in Ames, Iowa.
McKay’s transfer to Iowa State was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
This last year at Indian Hills Community College (Iowa), McKay averaged 16.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game. He was set to join a front court at Marqutte that featured Davante Gardner and Chris Otule. But on Oct. 17, McKay decided to leave the school, before ever playing a game.
According to Hines, McKay is expected to enroll at Iowa State for the spring semester. The likely result is that he will be eligible for the second half of the 2014-2015 season, and then have a full season left for the following year.
The Cyclones begin the 2013-2014 season on Sunday against UNC-Wilmington.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)