Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Jameel McKay was one of the top junior college prospects in the country this past season, and after a quick pit stop at Marquette, the 6-foot-8 forward has landed in Ames, Iowa.
McKay’s transfer to Iowa State was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
This last year at Indian Hills Community College (Iowa), McKay averaged 16.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game. He was set to join a front court at Marqutte that featured Davante Gardner and Chris Otule. But on Oct. 17, McKay decided to leave the school, before ever playing a game.
According to Hines, McKay is expected to enroll at Iowa State for the spring semester. The likely result is that he will be eligible for the second half of the 2014-2015 season, and then have a full season left for the following year.
The Cyclones begin the 2013-2014 season on Sunday against UNC-Wilmington.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)