Nov 6, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Coming off of a season where they won both the ACC regular season and tournament titles, it’s shocking to think that Miami head coach Jim Larranaga will essentially be starting this season from scratch.
Six of his top seven scorers from last season are gone, including all-american Shane Larkin.
Angel Rodriguez and Sheldon McClellan transferred into the program, but both are sitting out the year. That leaves Rion Brown and a bunch of guys the average fan hasn’t heard of to try and lead the ‘Canes back to glory, and on Sunday, it got even harder.
DeAndre Burnett, a borderline top 100 recruit that was expected to see major minutes in Miami’s back court, injured his wrist in practice. On Wednesday, the school announced that he will be redshirting the season.
Miami has some pieces this season. Garrius Adams is back, Tonye Jekiri will get a lot of minutes up fron and Donnavan Kirk transferred back into the program after leaving for DePaul. Toss in a couple of promising freshman, headlined by Davon Reed, and the Hurricanes won’t be a complete pushover.
But it’s looking more and more likely that they will be heading back to the NIT this year.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)