Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Travis Bader is a favorite of the folks that write here at College Basketball Talk.
We ranked him the No. 69 player in the country. We slotted him as the No. 16 off-guard in the country. He was a second-team mid-major all-american, mostly because of the strength of the mid-major guards across the country this season. One of our preseason features was on Bader and his pursuit of J.J. Redick’s three point record.
So yeah, we’re fans.
Which only made the discovery of Bader’s nickname that much more awesome.
“The first practice he did something and I couldn’t remember his name,” Oakland head coach Greg Kampe told Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press. “I looked at him, and I go, ‘McLovin, get over here.’ And the players just started laughing, and so that’s what they called him all year and I called him that a few times myself. But he looked like he was 12 years old.”
McLovin? What is he, an Irish R&B singer?
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)