Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Travis Bader is a favorite of the folks that write here at College Basketball Talk.
We ranked him the No. 69 player in the country. We slotted him as the No. 16 off-guard in the country. He was a second-team mid-major all-american, mostly because of the strength of the mid-major guards across the country this season. One of our preseason features was on Bader and his pursuit of J.J. Redick’s three point record.
So yeah, we’re fans.
Which only made the discovery of Bader’s nickname that much more awesome.
“The first practice he did something and I couldn’t remember his name,” Oakland head coach Greg Kampe told Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press. “I looked at him, and I go, ‘McLovin, get over here.’ And the players just started laughing, and so that’s what they called him all year and I called him that a few times myself. But he looked like he was 12 years old.”
McLovin? What is he, an Irish R&B singer?
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)