Nov 7, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
There are some terrific matchups in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Syracuse’s invasion of Tobacco Road will be must-see TV. Oklahoma State and Kansas locking horns twice this year will be the highlight of conference season.
But there is nothing during this year’s regular season that will be looked forward too more than the Champions Classic.
In its third year of existence, this years event will feature the No. 1 vs. No. 2 when Kentucky takes on Michigan State, a game that may be overshadowed when Kansas and Andrew Wiggins square off with Duke and Jabari Parker. Four of the nation’s top five teams. About a dozen players will be taken in the first round of an NBA Draft. It will be awesome.
And it will continue.
ESPN announced today that the Champions Classic will continue for three more years. All four teams have agreed to it, with the event being held in Indianapolis in 2014, Chicago in 2015 and New York for 2016.
Here are the matchups and the dates:
Tuesday, Nov. 18th, 2014 (Indianapolis)
- Kansas vs. Kentucky
- Michigan State vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 2015 (Chicago)
- Kansas vs. Michigan State
- Kentucky vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 2016 (New York City)
- Kentucky vs. Michigan State
- Duke vs. Kansas
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)