Nov 7, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
There are some terrific matchups in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Syracuse’s invasion of Tobacco Road will be must-see TV. Oklahoma State and Kansas locking horns twice this year will be the highlight of conference season.
But there is nothing during this year’s regular season that will be looked forward too more than the Champions Classic.
In its third year of existence, this years event will feature the No. 1 vs. No. 2 when Kentucky takes on Michigan State, a game that may be overshadowed when Kansas and Andrew Wiggins square off with Duke and Jabari Parker. Four of the nation’s top five teams. About a dozen players will be taken in the first round of an NBA Draft. It will be awesome.
And it will continue.
ESPN announced today that the Champions Classic will continue for three more years. All four teams have agreed to it, with the event being held in Indianapolis in 2014, Chicago in 2015 and New York for 2016.
Here are the matchups and the dates:
Tuesday, Nov. 18th, 2014 (Indianapolis)
- Kansas vs. Kentucky
- Michigan State vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 2015 (Chicago)
- Kansas vs. Michigan State
- Kentucky vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 2016 (New York City)
- Kentucky vs. Michigan State
- Duke vs. Kansas
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)