Nov 7, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
There are some terrific matchups in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Syracuse’s invasion of Tobacco Road will be must-see TV. Oklahoma State and Kansas locking horns twice this year will be the highlight of conference season.
But there is nothing during this year’s regular season that will be looked forward too more than the Champions Classic.
In its third year of existence, this years event will feature the No. 1 vs. No. 2 when Kentucky takes on Michigan State, a game that may be overshadowed when Kansas and Andrew Wiggins square off with Duke and Jabari Parker. Four of the nation’s top five teams. About a dozen players will be taken in the first round of an NBA Draft. It will be awesome.
And it will continue.
ESPN announced today that the Champions Classic will continue for three more years. All four teams have agreed to it, with the event being held in Indianapolis in 2014, Chicago in 2015 and New York for 2016.
Here are the matchups and the dates:
Tuesday, Nov. 18th, 2014 (Indianapolis)
- Kansas vs. Kentucky
- Michigan State vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 2015 (Chicago)
- Kansas vs. Michigan State
- Kentucky vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 2016 (New York City)
- Kentucky vs. Michigan State
- Duke vs. Kansas
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)