Nov 7, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
There are some terrific matchups in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Syracuse’s invasion of Tobacco Road will be must-see TV. Oklahoma State and Kansas locking horns twice this year will be the highlight of conference season.
But there is nothing during this year’s regular season that will be looked forward too more than the Champions Classic.
In its third year of existence, this years event will feature the No. 1 vs. No. 2 when Kentucky takes on Michigan State, a game that may be overshadowed when Kansas and Andrew Wiggins square off with Duke and Jabari Parker. Four of the nation’s top five teams. About a dozen players will be taken in the first round of an NBA Draft. It will be awesome.
And it will continue.
ESPN announced today that the Champions Classic will continue for three more years. All four teams have agreed to it, with the event being held in Indianapolis in 2014, Chicago in 2015 and New York for 2016.
Here are the matchups and the dates:
Tuesday, Nov. 18th, 2014 (Indianapolis)
- Kansas vs. Kentucky
- Michigan State vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 2015 (Chicago)
- Kansas vs. Michigan State
- Kentucky vs. Duke
Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 2016 (New York City)
- Kentucky vs. Michigan State
- Duke vs. Kansas
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)