Nov 7, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Kansas freshman wing Brannen Greene had a health scare on Thursday, as a hit to his lower abdomen during practice resulted in a trip to the hospital. Greene was evaluated and then released, and according to the Associated Press Kansas head coach Bill Self expects the freshman to be available when Kansas hosts UL-Monroe on Friday night.
Greene, who averaged 27 points, nine rebounds and six assists per game as a senior at Tift Couty High School in Georgia, scored six points in the Jayhawks’ exhibition victory over Fort Hays State on Tuesday night. With fellow freshmen Wayne Selden and Andrew Wiggins and sophomore Andrew White all competing for minutes on the wing, Kansas doesn’t lack for options even if Greene’s not at full strength.
Kansas will play Duke on Tuesday at the Champions Classic in Chicago, with Kentucky/Michigan State being the other half of the much-anticipated doubleheader.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)