Nov 7, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Kansas freshman wing Brannen Greene had a health scare on Thursday, as a hit to his lower abdomen during practice resulted in a trip to the hospital. Greene was evaluated and then released, and according to the Associated Press Kansas head coach Bill Self expects the freshman to be available when Kansas hosts UL-Monroe on Friday night.
Greene, who averaged 27 points, nine rebounds and six assists per game as a senior at Tift Couty High School in Georgia, scored six points in the Jayhawks’ exhibition victory over Fort Hays State on Tuesday night. With fellow freshmen Wayne Selden and Andrew Wiggins and sophomore Andrew White all competing for minutes on the wing, Kansas doesn’t lack for options even if Greene’s not at full strength.
Kansas will play Duke on Tuesday at the Champions Classic in Chicago, with Kentucky/Michigan State being the other half of the much-anticipated doubleheader.
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 0
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)