Nov 7, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Kansas freshman wing Brannen Greene had a health scare on Thursday, as a hit to his lower abdomen during practice resulted in a trip to the hospital. Greene was evaluated and then released, and according to the Associated Press Kansas head coach Bill Self expects the freshman to be available when Kansas hosts UL-Monroe on Friday night.
Greene, who averaged 27 points, nine rebounds and six assists per game as a senior at Tift Couty High School in Georgia, scored six points in the Jayhawks’ exhibition victory over Fort Hays State on Tuesday night. With fellow freshmen Wayne Selden and Andrew Wiggins and sophomore Andrew White all competing for minutes on the wing, Kansas doesn’t lack for options even if Greene’s not at full strength.
Kansas will play Duke on Tuesday at the Champions Classic in Chicago, with Kentucky/Michigan State being the other half of the much-anticipated doubleheader.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)