Nov 7, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Kansas freshman wing Brannen Greene had a health scare on Thursday, as a hit to his lower abdomen during practice resulted in a trip to the hospital. Greene was evaluated and then released, and according to the Associated Press Kansas head coach Bill Self expects the freshman to be available when Kansas hosts UL-Monroe on Friday night.
Greene, who averaged 27 points, nine rebounds and six assists per game as a senior at Tift Couty High School in Georgia, scored six points in the Jayhawks’ exhibition victory over Fort Hays State on Tuesday night. With fellow freshmen Wayne Selden and Andrew Wiggins and sophomore Andrew White all competing for minutes on the wing, Kansas doesn’t lack for options even if Greene’s not at full strength.
Kansas will play Duke on Tuesday at the Champions Classic in Chicago, with Kentucky/Michigan State being the other half of the much-anticipated doubleheader.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)