Nov 7, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Kansas freshman wing Brannen Greene had a health scare on Thursday, as a hit to his lower abdomen during practice resulted in a trip to the hospital. Greene was evaluated and then released, and according to the Associated Press Kansas head coach Bill Self expects the freshman to be available when Kansas hosts UL-Monroe on Friday night.
Greene, who averaged 27 points, nine rebounds and six assists per game as a senior at Tift Couty High School in Georgia, scored six points in the Jayhawks’ exhibition victory over Fort Hays State on Tuesday night. With fellow freshmen Wayne Selden and Andrew Wiggins and sophomore Andrew White all competing for minutes on the wing, Kansas doesn’t lack for options even if Greene’s not at full strength.
Kansas will play Duke on Tuesday at the Champions Classic in Chicago, with Kentucky/Michigan State being the other half of the much-anticipated doubleheader.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)