Nov 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The jerseys that Georgetown and Oregon will be wearing for Friday’s Armed Forces Classic out at Camp Humphreys in South Korea have been released, and they’re sick.
I couldn’t love them anymore.
But I hope all of you guys see the irony here.
For those that don’t know, Nike bigwig Phil Knight loves Oregon, so both the basketball team and the football always get awesome new gear — shoes, jerseys, socks, wristbands, I bet they even get next generation dri-fit boxers that us commonfolk can’t even imagine yet.
Dominic Artis and Ben Carter have been suspended for this game, and eight others, for selling some of that limited edition footwear, which can fetch a couple of thousand bucks from sneakerheads, the serious collectors that treat shoes like that as if they are made out of solid gold.
I wonder if Artis and Carter will be given the shoes from this game?
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 1
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)