Nov 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The jerseys that Georgetown and Oregon will be wearing for Friday’s Armed Forces Classic out at Camp Humphreys in South Korea have been released, and they’re sick.
I couldn’t love them anymore.
But I hope all of you guys see the irony here.
For those that don’t know, Nike bigwig Phil Knight loves Oregon, so both the basketball team and the football always get awesome new gear — shoes, jerseys, socks, wristbands, I bet they even get next generation dri-fit boxers that us commonfolk can’t even imagine yet.
Dominic Artis and Ben Carter have been suspended for this game, and eight others, for selling some of that limited edition footwear, which can fetch a couple of thousand bucks from sneakerheads, the serious collectors that treat shoes like that as if they are made out of solid gold.
I wonder if Artis and Carter will be given the shoes from this game?
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)