Nov 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The jerseys that Georgetown and Oregon will be wearing for Friday’s Armed Forces Classic out at Camp Humphreys in South Korea have been released, and they’re sick.
I couldn’t love them anymore.
But I hope all of you guys see the irony here.
For those that don’t know, Nike bigwig Phil Knight loves Oregon, so both the basketball team and the football always get awesome new gear — shoes, jerseys, socks, wristbands, I bet they even get next generation dri-fit boxers that us commonfolk can’t even imagine yet.
Dominic Artis and Ben Carter have been suspended for this game, and eight others, for selling some of that limited edition footwear, which can fetch a couple of thousand bucks from sneakerheads, the serious collectors that treat shoes like that as if they are made out of solid gold.
I wonder if Artis and Carter will be given the shoes from this game?
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)