Nov 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The jerseys that Georgetown and Oregon will be wearing for Friday’s Armed Forces Classic out at Camp Humphreys in South Korea have been released, and they’re sick.
I couldn’t love them anymore.
But I hope all of you guys see the irony here.
For those that don’t know, Nike bigwig Phil Knight loves Oregon, so both the basketball team and the football always get awesome new gear — shoes, jerseys, socks, wristbands, I bet they even get next generation dri-fit boxers that us commonfolk can’t even imagine yet.
Dominic Artis and Ben Carter have been suspended for this game, and eight others, for selling some of that limited edition footwear, which can fetch a couple of thousand bucks from sneakerheads, the serious collectors that treat shoes like that as if they are made out of solid gold.
I wonder if Artis and Carter will be given the shoes from this game?
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 2
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 84
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)