Nov 7, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Bryce Dejean-Jones will miss UNLV’s opener on Friday night, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Dejean-Jones injured his hamstring in an exhibition loss to Dixie State last week. He sat out UNLV’s second exhibition as well. Dejean-Jones averaged 10.3 points last season.
Rothstein had a couple of other notes as well, saying that Fresno State transfer Kevin Olekaibe will get the start at off-guard. Olekaibe may be the best shooter on UNLV’s roster even with Dejean-Jones healthy, and perimeter shooting is something that the Runnin’ Rebels desperately need. He had 17 points and four threes in the win over Adams State on Tuesday night.
Khem Birch has missed the two exhibitions, but he’ll be suiting up against Portland State when the real season kicks off.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)