Nov 7, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Bryce Dejean-Jones will miss UNLV’s opener on Friday night, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Dejean-Jones injured his hamstring in an exhibition loss to Dixie State last week. He sat out UNLV’s second exhibition as well. Dejean-Jones averaged 10.3 points last season.
Rothstein had a couple of other notes as well, saying that Fresno State transfer Kevin Olekaibe will get the start at off-guard. Olekaibe may be the best shooter on UNLV’s roster even with Dejean-Jones healthy, and perimeter shooting is something that the Runnin’ Rebels desperately need. He had 17 points and four threes in the win over Adams State on Tuesday night.
Khem Birch has missed the two exhibitions, but he’ll be suiting up against Portland State when the real season kicks off.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)