Nov 8, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The college basketball season is finally underway, and we’ve got our first winner: Eastern Michigan.
With junior college transfer Karrington Ward leading four players in double figures with 17 points, the Eagles took care of Albion by the final score of 77-45. Glenn Bryant added 12 points off the bench for EMU and senior center Da’Shonte Riley accounted for six points, five rebounds, seven blocks and three steals.
Ward isn’t the only newcomer of note for the Eagles, as Duquesne transfer Mike Talley made his debut after sitting out the 2012-13 campaign. Talley finished the contest with ten points, five rebounds and four assists. EMU also played the first regular season game in college basketball last year, beating Rochester College 66-52.
Eastern Michigan returns four starters from last season’s squad, which finished with a 16-18 record (7-9 MAC West).
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)