Nov 8, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
The college basketball season is finally underway, and we’ve got our first winner: Eastern Michigan.
With junior college transfer Karrington Ward leading four players in double figures with 17 points, the Eagles took care of Albion by the final score of 77-45. Glenn Bryant added 12 points off the bench for EMU and senior center Da’Shonte Riley accounted for six points, five rebounds, seven blocks and three steals.
Ward isn’t the only newcomer of note for the Eagles, as Duquesne transfer Mike Talley made his debut after sitting out the 2012-13 campaign. Talley finished the contest with ten points, five rebounds and four assists. EMU also played the first regular season game in college basketball last year, beating Rochester College 66-52.
Eastern Michigan returns four starters from last season’s squad, which finished with a 16-18 record (7-9 MAC West).
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)