Nov 8, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The college basketball season is finally underway, and we’ve got our first winner: Eastern Michigan.
With junior college transfer Karrington Ward leading four players in double figures with 17 points, the Eagles took care of Albion by the final score of 77-45. Glenn Bryant added 12 points off the bench for EMU and senior center Da’Shonte Riley accounted for six points, five rebounds, seven blocks and three steals.
Ward isn’t the only newcomer of note for the Eagles, as Duquesne transfer Mike Talley made his debut after sitting out the 2012-13 campaign. Talley finished the contest with ten points, five rebounds and four assists. EMU also played the first regular season game in college basketball last year, beating Rochester College 66-52.
Eastern Michigan returns four starters from last season’s squad, which finished with a 16-18 record (7-9 MAC West).
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)