Nov 8, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The college basketball season is finally underway, and we’ve got our first winner: Eastern Michigan.
With junior college transfer Karrington Ward leading four players in double figures with 17 points, the Eagles took care of Albion by the final score of 77-45. Glenn Bryant added 12 points off the bench for EMU and senior center Da’Shonte Riley accounted for six points, five rebounds, seven blocks and three steals.
Ward isn’t the only newcomer of note for the Eagles, as Duquesne transfer Mike Talley made his debut after sitting out the 2012-13 campaign. Talley finished the contest with ten points, five rebounds and four assists. EMU also played the first regular season game in college basketball last year, beating Rochester College 66-52.
Eastern Michigan returns four starters from last season’s squad, which finished with a 16-18 record (7-9 MAC West).
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)