Nov 8, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
The college basketball season is finally underway, and we’ve got our first winner: Eastern Michigan.
With junior college transfer Karrington Ward leading four players in double figures with 17 points, the Eagles took care of Albion by the final score of 77-45. Glenn Bryant added 12 points off the bench for EMU and senior center Da’Shonte Riley accounted for six points, five rebounds, seven blocks and three steals.
Ward isn’t the only newcomer of note for the Eagles, as Duquesne transfer Mike Talley made his debut after sitting out the 2012-13 campaign. Talley finished the contest with ten points, five rebounds and four assists. EMU also played the first regular season game in college basketball last year, beating Rochester College 66-52.
Eastern Michigan returns four starters from last season’s squad, which finished with a 16-18 record (7-9 MAC West).
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)