Nov 8, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
When Louisville junior forward Chane Behanan was suspended indefinitely last month, many wondered just how long Behanan would be away from the program. Head coach Rick Pitino originally stated that a return didn’t look “probable” but the stance has softened some recently.
Behanan will participate in the pregame ceremony honoring last season’s national champion squad tomorrow afternoon, and on Friday it was reported that the Cincinnati native has been allowed to return to practice. And in announcing the decision, Pitino noted the progress that Behanan’s shown since the suspension was announced.
“We said he had to go 30 days straight with no mess-ups before he could practice and he’s done that,” he said. “I didn’t think he could do the right thing for 30 days in a row — getting up, coming over here at 6:45 in the morning, meeting curfew at night, getting through tutoring all day. I was a doubting Thomas, to say the least, but he’s done all the right things.”
Behanan’s status is a key question that the Cardinals need to answer as they look to become the first repeat national champion since Florida pulled off the feat in 2006 and 2007. Montrezl Harrell is a player many expect to enjoy a breakout sophomore campaign, and senior Stephen Van Treese gives Louisville valuable experience, but the Cardinals don’t have a great amount of depth inside.
If Behanan can continue to take care of business off the court, his return will certainly help Louisville in this regard. How much longer will Behanan have to wait before he can return to game action remains to be seen, but with today’s development Behanan seems to be closer to doing so.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led USA Basketball with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
A lot of unranked players made their way into the top five in a surprisingly deep class.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led four Americans in double figures with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Minnesota is one of four schools the 6-foot-10 center is reportedly considering.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The lone school to host the Georgia native on an official visit is considered to be the favorite in this recruiting race.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
This is nasty.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The Class of 2007 produced some very good players, including one who’s an NBA MVP and others who have developed into perennial all-stars.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
I’m a big fan of these, particularly the dark grey ones.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Cell phone addiction is a national crisis.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Can anyone guess what that moment is?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
This is something else.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
The Golden Bears should still be alright this season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Dillard becomes Oklahoma State’s fourth addition to the program.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)