Nov 8, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
Notre Dame sophomore wing Cameron Biedscheid will be redshirting this season.
The skinny, 6-foot-6 wing averaged 6.2 points in 17.4 minutes off the bench, numbers that would have looked a lot better if Biedscheid hadn’t struggled so much shooting the ball down the stretch last season.
The school announced the decision this afternoon, but head coach Mike Brey has yet to comment on the decision. He’ll be talking tonight after the Irish host Miami (OH).
Biedscheid could transfer after this semester, which would allow him to be eligible at another school after the fall semester for the 2014-2015 season. Biedscheid likely would have come off the bench this season, playing behind Pat Connaughton.
Biedscheid was the No. 28 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. He’s a big time talent that is an all-ACC caliber player.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)