Nov 8, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Notre Dame sophomore wing Cameron Biedscheid will be redshirting this season.
The skinny, 6-foot-6 wing averaged 6.2 points in 17.4 minutes off the bench, numbers that would have looked a lot better if Biedscheid hadn’t struggled so much shooting the ball down the stretch last season.
The school announced the decision this afternoon, but head coach Mike Brey has yet to comment on the decision. He’ll be talking tonight after the Irish host Miami (OH).
Biedscheid could transfer after this semester, which would allow him to be eligible at another school after the fall semester for the 2014-2015 season. Biedscheid likely would have come off the bench this season, playing behind Pat Connaughton.
Biedscheid was the No. 28 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. He’s a big time talent that is an all-ACC caliber player.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 10
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 68
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (69)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)