Nov 8, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Notre Dame sophomore wing Cameron Biedscheid will be redshirting this season.
The skinny, 6-foot-6 wing averaged 6.2 points in 17.4 minutes off the bench, numbers that would have looked a lot better if Biedscheid hadn’t struggled so much shooting the ball down the stretch last season.
The school announced the decision this afternoon, but head coach Mike Brey has yet to comment on the decision. He’ll be talking tonight after the Irish host Miami (OH).
Biedscheid could transfer after this semester, which would allow him to be eligible at another school after the fall semester for the 2014-2015 season. Biedscheid likely would have come off the bench this season, playing behind Pat Connaughton.
Biedscheid was the No. 28 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. He’s a big time talent that is an all-ACC caliber player.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)