Nov 8, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Notre Dame sophomore wing Cameron Biedscheid will be redshirting this season.
The skinny, 6-foot-6 wing averaged 6.2 points in 17.4 minutes off the bench, numbers that would have looked a lot better if Biedscheid hadn’t struggled so much shooting the ball down the stretch last season.
The school announced the decision this afternoon, but head coach Mike Brey has yet to comment on the decision. He’ll be talking tonight after the Irish host Miami (OH).
Biedscheid could transfer after this semester, which would allow him to be eligible at another school after the fall semester for the 2014-2015 season. Biedscheid likely would have come off the bench this season, playing behind Pat Connaughton.
Biedscheid was the No. 28 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. He’s a big time talent that is an all-ACC caliber player.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)