Nov 8, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Notre Dame sophomore wing Cameron Biedscheid will be redshirting this season.
The skinny, 6-foot-6 wing averaged 6.2 points in 17.4 minutes off the bench, numbers that would have looked a lot better if Biedscheid hadn’t struggled so much shooting the ball down the stretch last season.
The school announced the decision this afternoon, but head coach Mike Brey has yet to comment on the decision. He’ll be talking tonight after the Irish host Miami (OH).
Biedscheid could transfer after this semester, which would allow him to be eligible at another school after the fall semester for the 2014-2015 season. Biedscheid likely would have come off the bench this season, playing behind Pat Connaughton.
Biedscheid was the No. 28 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. He’s a big time talent that is an all-ACC caliber player.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)