Nov 8, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
Stanford made another nice addition to their front court on Friday, as 6-foot-7 bruiser Reid Travis committed to Johnny Dawkins and the Cardinal.
Travis was one of my favorite players I saw this summer. He’s a bit undersized at around 6-foot-7, but he’s built like a truck and is tireless attacking the glass on both ends of the floor. He’s got a decent back-to-the-basket game and is a threat to score out to about 17 feet.
The guys over at Rivals like him as well, as he is ranked the No. 40 recruit in the country. Eric Bossi’s breakdown: “Hard playing insider is amongst the most physical players in the country. Attacks the glass on both ends and is a good scorer out to 15 feet. Slightly undersized for the power forward but makes up for it with his toughness and strength.”
Travis ended up picking Stanford over Minnesota. He also considered Duke, UCLA and Gonzaga during the process. In addition to hoops, Travis was also a high-major prospect as a quarterback, but thanks to a late growth spurt that gave him a couple of extra inches midway through high school, he became a guy a lot of teams wanted to play tight end.
He didn’t want to be a tight end, which is a boon for the Cardinal program. Travis isn’t a one-and-done prospect, but he’s a guy that could end up averaging a double-double and make two or three all-Pac-12 teams.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)