Nov 8, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
Stanford made another nice addition to their front court on Friday, as 6-foot-7 bruiser Reid Travis committed to Johnny Dawkins and the Cardinal.
Travis was one of my favorite players I saw this summer. He’s a bit undersized at around 6-foot-7, but he’s built like a truck and is tireless attacking the glass on both ends of the floor. He’s got a decent back-to-the-basket game and is a threat to score out to about 17 feet.
The guys over at Rivals like him as well, as he is ranked the No. 40 recruit in the country. Eric Bossi’s breakdown: “Hard playing insider is amongst the most physical players in the country. Attacks the glass on both ends and is a good scorer out to 15 feet. Slightly undersized for the power forward but makes up for it with his toughness and strength.”
Travis ended up picking Stanford over Minnesota. He also considered Duke, UCLA and Gonzaga during the process. In addition to hoops, Travis was also a high-major prospect as a quarterback, but thanks to a late growth spurt that gave him a couple of extra inches midway through high school, he became a guy a lot of teams wanted to play tight end.
He didn’t want to be a tight end, which is a boon for the Cardinal program. Travis isn’t a one-and-done prospect, but he’s a guy that could end up averaging a double-double and make two or three all-Pac-12 teams.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Getting Kansas State to the NCAA tournament earned Bruce Weber an extension.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Jim Christian wins his first recruiting battle as the head coach at BC.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
What Early Entry decisions will have the biggest impact on the 2014-2015 college basketball season?
Apr 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The next big thing to come from Canada isn’t going to be all that big.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
The Mustangs and Bulldogs are looking to meet in a home-and-home series.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Watch the 7-foot-6 center play baseball.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
Washington State loses three players, including a starting guard.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
The NCAA approved a rule change that will benefit student-athletes.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Okoroh will follow Cuonzo Martin from Tennessee to Cal.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Tom Izzo returns a key player from last season’s 29-win team.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A pair of starters will leave Arizona following an Elite 8 appearance.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Big Ten regular season champion has lost two underclassmen to the NBA draft with the possibility of a third departure as well.
Apr 15, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee was a marriage that needed to end. On Tuesday, it did.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Cal dipped into SEC territory to land their new head coach.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
The Miami investigation keeps getting more embarrassing for the NCAA.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
The future Kentucky Wildcat had an impressive showing at the Hoop Summit last weekend.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Gonzaga is close to landing the son of another legend of the 80s
Apr 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
He lies to the NBA?
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)