Nov 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Even if it’s “for entertainment purposes only” one of the more entertaining aspects of the preseason is taking a look at how the folks in Las Vegas see things shaking out. The Bovada sportsbook released its odds, and they’ve got Kentucky as the early favorite to cut down the nets in Texas next spring.
John Calipari’s squad enters the season a 7-to-2 favorite to win it all, with Kansas (6-to-1) and reigning national champion Louisville (15-to-2) next in line. Closing out the top five are Duke and Michigan State, with both teams receiving 9-to-1 odds. Other interesting odds include North Carolina and Ohio State receiving 20-to-1 odds (could be high for the Tar Heels and low for the Buckeyes), Baylor at 75-to-1 and Butler at 100-to-1.
Bovada also has conference odds, with Louisville (2-to-3 to win the American) and Kentucky (2-to-3 to win the SEC) being the biggest favorites to win their respective conferences. The only other team that would require a significant bet in order to actually win money: Kansas, which is a 5-to-6 favorite to win the Big 12.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)