Nov 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Even if it’s “for entertainment purposes only” one of the more entertaining aspects of the preseason is taking a look at how the folks in Las Vegas see things shaking out. The Bovada sportsbook released its odds, and they’ve got Kentucky as the early favorite to cut down the nets in Texas next spring.
John Calipari’s squad enters the season a 7-to-2 favorite to win it all, with Kansas (6-to-1) and reigning national champion Louisville (15-to-2) next in line. Closing out the top five are Duke and Michigan State, with both teams receiving 9-to-1 odds. Other interesting odds include North Carolina and Ohio State receiving 20-to-1 odds (could be high for the Tar Heels and low for the Buckeyes), Baylor at 75-to-1 and Butler at 100-to-1.
Bovada also has conference odds, with Louisville (2-to-3 to win the American) and Kentucky (2-to-3 to win the SEC) being the biggest favorites to win their respective conferences. The only other team that would require a significant bet in order to actually win money: Kansas, which is a 5-to-6 favorite to win the Big 12.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)