Nov 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Even if it’s “for entertainment purposes only” one of the more entertaining aspects of the preseason is taking a look at how the folks in Las Vegas see things shaking out. The Bovada sportsbook released its odds, and they’ve got Kentucky as the early favorite to cut down the nets in Texas next spring.
John Calipari’s squad enters the season a 7-to-2 favorite to win it all, with Kansas (6-to-1) and reigning national champion Louisville (15-to-2) next in line. Closing out the top five are Duke and Michigan State, with both teams receiving 9-to-1 odds. Other interesting odds include North Carolina and Ohio State receiving 20-to-1 odds (could be high for the Tar Heels and low for the Buckeyes), Baylor at 75-to-1 and Butler at 100-to-1.
Bovada also has conference odds, with Louisville (2-to-3 to win the American) and Kentucky (2-to-3 to win the SEC) being the biggest favorites to win their respective conferences. The only other team that would require a significant bet in order to actually win money: Kansas, which is a 5-to-6 favorite to win the Big 12.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)