Nov 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Even if it’s “for entertainment purposes only” one of the more entertaining aspects of the preseason is taking a look at how the folks in Las Vegas see things shaking out. The Bovada sportsbook released its odds, and they’ve got Kentucky as the early favorite to cut down the nets in Texas next spring.
John Calipari’s squad enters the season a 7-to-2 favorite to win it all, with Kansas (6-to-1) and reigning national champion Louisville (15-to-2) next in line. Closing out the top five are Duke and Michigan State, with both teams receiving 9-to-1 odds. Other interesting odds include North Carolina and Ohio State receiving 20-to-1 odds (could be high for the Tar Heels and low for the Buckeyes), Baylor at 75-to-1 and Butler at 100-to-1.
Bovada also has conference odds, with Louisville (2-to-3 to win the American) and Kentucky (2-to-3 to win the SEC) being the biggest favorites to win their respective conferences. The only other team that would require a significant bet in order to actually win money: Kansas, which is a 5-to-6 favorite to win the Big 12.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)