Nov 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Even if it’s “for entertainment purposes only” one of the more entertaining aspects of the preseason is taking a look at how the folks in Las Vegas see things shaking out. The Bovada sportsbook released its odds, and they’ve got Kentucky as the early favorite to cut down the nets in Texas next spring.
John Calipari’s squad enters the season a 7-to-2 favorite to win it all, with Kansas (6-to-1) and reigning national champion Louisville (15-to-2) next in line. Closing out the top five are Duke and Michigan State, with both teams receiving 9-to-1 odds. Other interesting odds include North Carolina and Ohio State receiving 20-to-1 odds (could be high for the Tar Heels and low for the Buckeyes), Baylor at 75-to-1 and Butler at 100-to-1.
Bovada also has conference odds, with Louisville (2-to-3 to win the American) and Kentucky (2-to-3 to win the SEC) being the biggest favorites to win their respective conferences. The only other team that would require a significant bet in order to actually win money: Kansas, which is a 5-to-6 favorite to win the Big 12.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)