Nov 10, 2013, 4:06 PM EST
Notre Dame had little problem disposing of Stetson on Sunday afternoon winning 80-49.
After struggling to put Miami (OH) away for much of their opening game on Friday night, a 74-62 win, the Irish left no doubt against Stetson today getting out to a 51-21 halftime advantage.
The starting Notre Dame backcourt was impressive as usual, despite not playing for much of the second half, as Eric Atkins, Jerian Grant, and Pat Connaughton combined for 33 points on 11-17 shooting from the field and 6-10 from 3PT.
The Irish have one of the top perimeter attacks in the country, and another weapon can officially be added to this attack in the form of freshman guard Demetrius Jackson.
Jackson was one of Notre Dame’s top recruits in their 2013 recruiting class, and he showed why against Stetson as he totaled nine points on 4-5 shooting, to go along with three assists and three rebounds in 18 minutes of action. If Jackson develops into a reliable player off the bench to spell Eric Atkins at point guard, Mike Brey’s offensive attack becomes that much more potent.
Notre Dame figures to be tested much more next Sunday as they host Indiana State out of the Missouri Valley, one of the top mid-major teams in the country.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)