Nov 10, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: UMass vs. Boston College, 3:00 p.m. (NESN)
Boston College is coming off of a disappointing overtime loss at Providence on Friday night. Facing a UMass team that will challenge for a spot in the NCAA tournament, the Eagles won’t have it easy on Sunday, either. The Minutemen are led by star point guard Chaz Williams, a dynamic, 5-foot-9 playmaker that nearly went pro this summer.
MID-MAJOR MATCHUP OF THE DAY: Oral Roberts at Tulsa, 6:00 p.m.
A battle for bragging rights in the city of Tulsa. Danny Manning’s club will have a chance to make some noise in Conference USA this season, but Oral Roberts has made a name for themselves as one of the best mid-major programs in the country.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) No. 1 Kentucky plays their second game of the young season, taking on new Division I program Northern Kentucky a 4:00 p.m. (ESPN3). It’s the last tune-up for the Wildcats before they take on No. 2 Michigan State on Tuesday night.
2) UMass and Boston College is the highlight, but it is just one of the three games happening at the Coaches vs. Cancer event in Boston today. Things kick off with Northeastern and Boston U. at 12:30 p.m. and closes with Harvard and Holy Cross.
3) The only other ranked team in action on Sunday is No. 21 Notre Dame, who will host Stetson at 1:00 p.m.
4) Iowa State fans will get their first look at new point guard Deandre Kane when the Cyclones host UNC-Wilmington at 1:00 p.m.
5) The final of the Kennesaw State tournament will pit Eastern Kentucky against Youngstown State.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)