Nov 10, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: UMass vs. Boston College, 3:00 p.m. (NESN)
Boston College is coming off of a disappointing overtime loss at Providence on Friday night. Facing a UMass team that will challenge for a spot in the NCAA tournament, the Eagles won’t have it easy on Sunday, either. The Minutemen are led by star point guard Chaz Williams, a dynamic, 5-foot-9 playmaker that nearly went pro this summer.
MID-MAJOR MATCHUP OF THE DAY: Oral Roberts at Tulsa, 6:00 p.m.
A battle for bragging rights in the city of Tulsa. Danny Manning’s club will have a chance to make some noise in Conference USA this season, but Oral Roberts has made a name for themselves as one of the best mid-major programs in the country.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) No. 1 Kentucky plays their second game of the young season, taking on new Division I program Northern Kentucky a 4:00 p.m. (ESPN3). It’s the last tune-up for the Wildcats before they take on No. 2 Michigan State on Tuesday night.
2) UMass and Boston College is the highlight, but it is just one of the three games happening at the Coaches vs. Cancer event in Boston today. Things kick off with Northeastern and Boston U. at 12:30 p.m. and closes with Harvard and Holy Cross.
3) The only other ranked team in action on Sunday is No. 21 Notre Dame, who will host Stetson at 1:00 p.m.
4) Iowa State fans will get their first look at new point guard Deandre Kane when the Cyclones host UNC-Wilmington at 1:00 p.m.
5) The final of the Kennesaw State tournament will pit Eastern Kentucky against Youngstown State.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)