Nov 11, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
I don’t know if you saw Louisville’s game against Charleston on Saturday afternoon, but it was much closer than the 70-48 final would indicate. Louisville was up 48-45 with seven minutes left in the game.
Well, I was of the opinion that Louisville’s offense became completely one-dimensional due to the fact that Chane Behanan and Luke Hancock were out and Wayne Blackshear was struggling.
That won’t be an issue anymore, and head coach Rick Pitino announced on Monday that not only was Hancock going to be back in uniform on Tuesday after an injury kept him out of the opener, but that Behanan had been reinstated to the team following an indefinite suspension in mid-October.
He might play on Tuesday against Hofstra.
Behanan was suspended from the program for violating school rules. Pitino said that is was “possible, not probable” that Behanan would be allowed back onto the team, and that it would be, at the earliest, mid-December.
I guess he exaggerated a little bit, didn’t he?
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)