Nov 11, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
Anthony Allen is an athletic, 6-6 forward that plays for Florida College in the United States College Athletic Association.
So why should you care about him?
Well, he ripped a rim off this weekend. With about a minute left in a game against Warner University, Allen threw down a teammates missed layup with such force that the rim broke off in his hands.
Again, this didn’t break the backboard. There is no shattered glass here. Allen simply snapped a metal rim off.
“I’m still kind of stunned by the whole thing,” Florida College coach Jim Romkey told Yahoo! Sports. “It literally broke the rim. It wasn’t showing any wear. It just snapped the metal right in half. It wasn’t like these were 45-year-old rims either. The rims were put up three years ago when we put our new gym floor in. They were regulation.”
I mean, just look at this:
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)