Nov 11, 2013, 11:58 AM EST
Anthony Allen is an athletic, 6-6 forward that plays for Florida College in the United States College Athletic Association.
So why should you care about him?
Well, he ripped a rim off this weekend. With about a minute left in a game against Warner University, Allen threw down a teammates missed layup with such force that the rim broke off in his hands.
Again, this didn’t break the backboard. There is no shattered glass here. Allen simply snapped a metal rim off.
“I’m still kind of stunned by the whole thing,” Florida College coach Jim Romkey told Yahoo! Sports. “It literally broke the rim. It wasn’t showing any wear. It just snapped the metal right in half. It wasn’t like these were 45-year-old rims either. The rims were put up three years ago when we put our new gym floor in. They were regulation.”
I mean, just look at this:
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)