Nov 11, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
Anthony Allen is an athletic, 6-6 forward that plays for Florida College in the United States College Athletic Association.
So why should you care about him?
Well, he ripped a rim off this weekend. With about a minute left in a game against Warner University, Allen threw down a teammates missed layup with such force that the rim broke off in his hands.
Again, this didn’t break the backboard. There is no shattered glass here. Allen simply snapped a metal rim off.
“I’m still kind of stunned by the whole thing,” Florida College coach Jim Romkey told Yahoo! Sports. “It literally broke the rim. It wasn’t showing any wear. It just snapped the metal right in half. It wasn’t like these were 45-year-old rims either. The rims were put up three years ago when we put our new gym floor in. They were regulation.”
I mean, just look at this:
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)