Nov 11, 2013, 11:58 AM EST
Anthony Allen is an athletic, 6-6 forward that plays for Florida College in the United States College Athletic Association.
So why should you care about him?
Well, he ripped a rim off this weekend. With about a minute left in a game against Warner University, Allen threw down a teammates missed layup with such force that the rim broke off in his hands.
Again, this didn’t break the backboard. There is no shattered glass here. Allen simply snapped a metal rim off.
“I’m still kind of stunned by the whole thing,” Florida College coach Jim Romkey told Yahoo! Sports. “It literally broke the rim. It wasn’t showing any wear. It just snapped the metal right in half. It wasn’t like these were 45-year-old rims either. The rims were put up three years ago when we put our new gym floor in. They were regulation.”
I mean, just look at this:
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)