Nov 12, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Devon Saddler, who recently became the second-leading scorer in Delaware basketball history, was suspended from the program for a month on Tuesday.
The news was first reported by Kevin Tresolini of DelawareOnline.com.
The suspension stems from a violation of team rules.
Saddler will miss seven games during that stretch, including big matchups against Villanova and Notre Dame. Look for Jarvis Threatt to take over a bigger role offensively with Saddler saddled with the suspension.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)