Nov 12, 2013, 5:45 AM EDT
If you’re still up and watching the 24-Hour Hoops Marathon, you can officially call yourself a fanatic.
During Saint Mary’s 85-63 win over Akron on Tuesday morning, the game became free throw fest as Akron got to the line 29 times while Saint Mary’s shot 36 free throws.
The Gaels won so easily because they were 32-for-36 from the free throw line while also limiting their turnovers to 10 and shooting intelligently from the distance to finish 5-for-12 for the contest. Because Saint Mary’s shot so many free throws their field goal percentage finished at 54 percent for the game.
Although Saint Mary’s lost Matthew Dellavedova, if they play as balanced and as efficient as they did on offense Tuesday morning they’ll have a chance in the WCC.
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 0
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 1
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)