Nov 12, 2013, 5:45 AM EDT
If you’re still up and watching the 24-Hour Hoops Marathon, you can officially call yourself a fanatic.
During Saint Mary’s 85-63 win over Akron on Tuesday morning, the game became free throw fest as Akron got to the line 29 times while Saint Mary’s shot 36 free throws.
The Gaels won so easily because they were 32-for-36 from the free throw line while also limiting their turnovers to 10 and shooting intelligently from the distance to finish 5-for-12 for the contest. Because Saint Mary’s shot so many free throws their field goal percentage finished at 54 percent for the game.
Although Saint Mary’s lost Matthew Dellavedova, if they play as balanced and as efficient as they did on offense Tuesday morning they’ll have a chance in the WCC.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1