Nov 12, 2013, 5:45 AM EST
If you’re still up and watching the 24-Hour Hoops Marathon, you can officially call yourself a fanatic.
During Saint Mary’s 85-63 win over Akron on Tuesday morning, the game became free throw fest as Akron got to the line 29 times while Saint Mary’s shot 36 free throws.
The Gaels won so easily because they were 32-for-36 from the free throw line while also limiting their turnovers to 10 and shooting intelligently from the distance to finish 5-for-12 for the contest. Because Saint Mary’s shot so many free throws their field goal percentage finished at 54 percent for the game.
Although Saint Mary’s lost Matthew Dellavedova, if they play as balanced and as efficient as they did on offense Tuesday morning they’ll have a chance in the WCC.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)