Nov 12, 2013, 5:45 AM EST
If you’re still up and watching the 24-Hour Hoops Marathon, you can officially call yourself a fanatic.
During Saint Mary’s 85-63 win over Akron on Tuesday morning, the game became free throw fest as Akron got to the line 29 times while Saint Mary’s shot 36 free throws.
The Gaels won so easily because they were 32-for-36 from the free throw line while also limiting their turnovers to 10 and shooting intelligently from the distance to finish 5-for-12 for the contest. Because Saint Mary’s shot so many free throws their field goal percentage finished at 54 percent for the game.
Although Saint Mary’s lost Matthew Dellavedova, if they play as balanced and as efficient as they did on offense Tuesday morning they’ll have a chance in the WCC.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)