Nov 12, 2013, 5:45 AM EDT
If you’re still up and watching the 24-Hour Hoops Marathon, you can officially call yourself a fanatic.
During Saint Mary’s 85-63 win over Akron on Tuesday morning, the game became free throw fest as Akron got to the line 29 times while Saint Mary’s shot 36 free throws.
The Gaels won so easily because they were 32-for-36 from the free throw line while also limiting their turnovers to 10 and shooting intelligently from the distance to finish 5-for-12 for the contest. Because Saint Mary’s shot so many free throws their field goal percentage finished at 54 percent for the game.
Although Saint Mary’s lost Matthew Dellavedova, if they play as balanced and as efficient as they did on offense Tuesday morning they’ll have a chance in the WCC.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 0
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)