Nov 13, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
The first game of the Champions Classic doubleheader between No. 1 Kentucky and No. 2 Michigan State was the second-most viewed non-conference college basketball game ever aired on ESPN.
The game averaged just over four million viewers and scored a 2.6 rating. The current record came when No. 1 Memphis played No. 2 Tennessee in February of 2008, a game that averaged 5,281,000 viewers and had a 3.2 rating.
The nightcap scored impressive numbers despite being so late, as No. 4 Duke taking on No. 5 Kansas averaged 2,977,000 viewers and a 2.1 rating.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)