Nov 13, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
The first game of the Champions Classic doubleheader between No. 1 Kentucky and No. 2 Michigan State was the second-most viewed non-conference college basketball game ever aired on ESPN.
The game averaged just over four million viewers and scored a 2.6 rating. The current record came when No. 1 Memphis played No. 2 Tennessee in February of 2008, a game that averaged 5,281,000 viewers and had a 3.2 rating.
The nightcap scored impressive numbers despite being so late, as No. 4 Duke taking on No. 5 Kansas averaged 2,977,000 viewers and a 2.1 rating.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 2
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)