Nov 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Melvin Ejim, Iowa State’s versatile four-man that averged 11.3 points and 9.3 boards for the Cyclones a season ago, hurt his knee in late October.
The injury was expected to keep him out until December at the earliest, but according to a report from the Iowa State Daily, there’s a slight chance Ejim will be able to get back onto the court for the Cyclones important home date with Michigan.
“You can say that Sunday isn’t ridiculous or no hope whatsoever, but it’s not like it’s a strong possibility,” Vic Miller, Iowa State’s trainer, told the Iowa State Daily. “We’ll have to see how he progresses, see how he feels after the workouts and after we get his volume up higher with dry land stuff.”
“Healing is occurring so things are going really well. We can start dry land stuff with him with the low-profile brace that we got for him so he’ll start doing that stuff and we’ll see how he is getting him into things doing basketball-specific drills.”
Ejim has yet to work out on the court since the injury, being restricted to riding a bike and doing exercises in the pool.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)