Nov 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
Melvin Ejim, Iowa State’s versatile four-man that averged 11.3 points and 9.3 boards for the Cyclones a season ago, hurt his knee in late October.
The injury was expected to keep him out until December at the earliest, but according to a report from the Iowa State Daily, there’s a slight chance Ejim will be able to get back onto the court for the Cyclones important home date with Michigan.
“You can say that Sunday isn’t ridiculous or no hope whatsoever, but it’s not like it’s a strong possibility,” Vic Miller, Iowa State’s trainer, told the Iowa State Daily. “We’ll have to see how he progresses, see how he feels after the workouts and after we get his volume up higher with dry land stuff.”
“Healing is occurring so things are going really well. We can start dry land stuff with him with the low-profile brace that we got for him so he’ll start doing that stuff and we’ll see how he is getting him into things doing basketball-specific drills.”
Ejim has yet to work out on the court since the injury, being restricted to riding a bike and doing exercises in the pool.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)