Nov 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Melvin Ejim, Iowa State’s versatile four-man that averged 11.3 points and 9.3 boards for the Cyclones a season ago, hurt his knee in late October.
The injury was expected to keep him out until December at the earliest, but according to a report from the Iowa State Daily, there’s a slight chance Ejim will be able to get back onto the court for the Cyclones important home date with Michigan.
“You can say that Sunday isn’t ridiculous or no hope whatsoever, but it’s not like it’s a strong possibility,” Vic Miller, Iowa State’s trainer, told the Iowa State Daily. “We’ll have to see how he progresses, see how he feels after the workouts and after we get his volume up higher with dry land stuff.”
“Healing is occurring so things are going really well. We can start dry land stuff with him with the low-profile brace that we got for him so he’ll start doing that stuff and we’ll see how he is getting him into things doing basketball-specific drills.”
Ejim has yet to work out on the court since the injury, being restricted to riding a bike and doing exercises in the pool.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)