Nov 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Melvin Ejim, Iowa State’s versatile four-man that averged 11.3 points and 9.3 boards for the Cyclones a season ago, hurt his knee in late October.
The injury was expected to keep him out until December at the earliest, but according to a report from the Iowa State Daily, there’s a slight chance Ejim will be able to get back onto the court for the Cyclones important home date with Michigan.
“You can say that Sunday isn’t ridiculous or no hope whatsoever, but it’s not like it’s a strong possibility,” Vic Miller, Iowa State’s trainer, told the Iowa State Daily. “We’ll have to see how he progresses, see how he feels after the workouts and after we get his volume up higher with dry land stuff.”
“Healing is occurring so things are going really well. We can start dry land stuff with him with the low-profile brace that we got for him so he’ll start doing that stuff and we’ll see how he is getting him into things doing basketball-specific drills.”
Ejim has yet to work out on the court since the injury, being restricted to riding a bike and doing exercises in the pool.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)