Nov 14, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The big names transfers this season are guys like Rodney Hood, T.J. McConnell, Michael Dixon and Jordan Clarkson. Even Josh Smith, Joseph Young and Mike Moser have gotten plenty of attention early on this season. They are potential all-league players at schools with a chance to win their league and make some noise in the NCAA tournament.
But they also aren’t the only notable transfers this past season.
Perhaps the transfer with the most notoriety heading into the year was Ryan Harrow, and that had less to do with what he did on a basketball court than what he didn’t know. Specifically, he wasn’t able to get Kentucky into the NCAA tournament, and now he’s at Georgia State with the Harrison twins are manning UK’s backcourt.
Kentucky looks like they are going to be awesome again this season, but Harrow has had himself a pretty good start to the campaign. He’s averaging 23.5 points and 5.0 assists in two games, which includes an 86-80 loss to Vanderbilt in which Harrow had 27.
The Panthers will have another shot at beating an SEC team later this month when they take on Alabama in the Preseason NIT. Will Harrow be able to complete his shot at redemption and get this team all the way to Madison Square Garden?
- The Showdown Saturday Recap: Horace Spencer’s big summer continues 0
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 3 Recap: Jaylen Brown/Brandon Ingram II was special, Kobi Simmons, Deng Adel have strong days 0
- Senior guard Delon Wright, Utah aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 1
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 0
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 0
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (11)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)