Nov 14, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
The big names transfers this season are guys like Rodney Hood, T.J. McConnell, Michael Dixon and Jordan Clarkson. Even Josh Smith, Joseph Young and Mike Moser have gotten plenty of attention early on this season. They are potential all-league players at schools with a chance to win their league and make some noise in the NCAA tournament.
But they also aren’t the only notable transfers this past season.
Perhaps the transfer with the most notoriety heading into the year was Ryan Harrow, and that had less to do with what he did on a basketball court than what he didn’t know. Specifically, he wasn’t able to get Kentucky into the NCAA tournament, and now he’s at Georgia State with the Harrison twins are manning UK’s backcourt.
Kentucky looks like they are going to be awesome again this season, but Harrow has had himself a pretty good start to the campaign. He’s averaging 23.5 points and 5.0 assists in two games, which includes an 86-80 loss to Vanderbilt in which Harrow had 27.
The Panthers will have another shot at beating an SEC team later this month when they take on Alabama in the Preseason NIT. Will Harrow be able to complete his shot at redemption and get this team all the way to Madison Square Garden?
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)