Nov 14, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The big names transfers this season are guys like Rodney Hood, T.J. McConnell, Michael Dixon and Jordan Clarkson. Even Josh Smith, Joseph Young and Mike Moser have gotten plenty of attention early on this season. They are potential all-league players at schools with a chance to win their league and make some noise in the NCAA tournament.
But they also aren’t the only notable transfers this past season.
Perhaps the transfer with the most notoriety heading into the year was Ryan Harrow, and that had less to do with what he did on a basketball court than what he didn’t know. Specifically, he wasn’t able to get Kentucky into the NCAA tournament, and now he’s at Georgia State with the Harrison twins are manning UK’s backcourt.
Kentucky looks like they are going to be awesome again this season, but Harrow has had himself a pretty good start to the campaign. He’s averaging 23.5 points and 5.0 assists in two games, which includes an 86-80 loss to Vanderbilt in which Harrow had 27.
The Panthers will have another shot at beating an SEC team later this month when they take on Alabama in the Preseason NIT. Will Harrow be able to complete his shot at redemption and get this team all the way to Madison Square Garden?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)