Nov 14, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The big names transfers this season are guys like Rodney Hood, T.J. McConnell, Michael Dixon and Jordan Clarkson. Even Josh Smith, Joseph Young and Mike Moser have gotten plenty of attention early on this season. They are potential all-league players at schools with a chance to win their league and make some noise in the NCAA tournament.
But they also aren’t the only notable transfers this past season.
Perhaps the transfer with the most notoriety heading into the year was Ryan Harrow, and that had less to do with what he did on a basketball court than what he didn’t know. Specifically, he wasn’t able to get Kentucky into the NCAA tournament, and now he’s at Georgia State with the Harrison twins are manning UK’s backcourt.
Kentucky looks like they are going to be awesome again this season, but Harrow has had himself a pretty good start to the campaign. He’s averaging 23.5 points and 5.0 assists in two games, which includes an 86-80 loss to Vanderbilt in which Harrow had 27.
The Panthers will have another shot at beating an SEC team later this month when they take on Alabama in the Preseason NIT. Will Harrow be able to complete his shot at redemption and get this team all the way to Madison Square Garden?
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)