Nov 14, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
The big names transfers this season are guys like Rodney Hood, T.J. McConnell, Michael Dixon and Jordan Clarkson. Even Josh Smith, Joseph Young and Mike Moser have gotten plenty of attention early on this season. They are potential all-league players at schools with a chance to win their league and make some noise in the NCAA tournament.
But they also aren’t the only notable transfers this past season.
Perhaps the transfer with the most notoriety heading into the year was Ryan Harrow, and that had less to do with what he did on a basketball court than what he didn’t know. Specifically, he wasn’t able to get Kentucky into the NCAA tournament, and now he’s at Georgia State with the Harrison twins are manning UK’s backcourt.
Kentucky looks like they are going to be awesome again this season, but Harrow has had himself a pretty good start to the campaign. He’s averaging 23.5 points and 5.0 assists in two games, which includes an 86-80 loss to Vanderbilt in which Harrow had 27.
The Panthers will have another shot at beating an SEC team later this month when they take on Alabama in the Preseason NIT. Will Harrow be able to complete his shot at redemption and get this team all the way to Madison Square Garden?
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)