Nov 16, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
It took them two overtimes to get it, but the Mercer Bears picked up a win against a major conference opponents on Saturday afternoon.
Led by 24 points and five assists from Langston Hall, Mercer knocked off Seton Hall in double-overtime, 77-74. This came on the heels of a three-point loss Mercer suffered at Texas on the season’s opening night.
Hall took over the game down the stretch, as he scored 19 of his 24 points after the under-four timeout. He hit clutch free throw after clutch free throw, and was Mercer’s entire offense down the stretch.
The Bears have a bit of a chip on their shoulder this season. They won the Atlantic Sun last season. They’re the favorites to win the Atlantic Sun this season. But the only team you ever hear about from the conference is Florida-Gulf Coast. You don’t think these kids are motivated to make a name for themselves? The Bears still have trips to Oklahoma and Ole miss and will host Denver. They play FGCU on January 23rd and February 21st.
Seton Hall wasted a career-high 35-point performance from Fuquan Edwin, who just so happens to be one of the most wasted talents in the country.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)