Nov 16, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
It took them two overtimes to get it, but the Mercer Bears picked up a win against a major conference opponents on Saturday afternoon.
Led by 24 points and five assists from Langston Hall, Mercer knocked off Seton Hall in double-overtime, 77-74. This came on the heels of a three-point loss Mercer suffered at Texas on the season’s opening night.
Hall took over the game down the stretch, as he scored 19 of his 24 points after the under-four timeout. He hit clutch free throw after clutch free throw, and was Mercer’s entire offense down the stretch.
The Bears have a bit of a chip on their shoulder this season. They won the Atlantic Sun last season. They’re the favorites to win the Atlantic Sun this season. But the only team you ever hear about from the conference is Florida-Gulf Coast. You don’t think these kids are motivated to make a name for themselves? The Bears still have trips to Oklahoma and Ole miss and will host Denver. They play FGCU on January 23rd and February 21st.
Seton Hall wasted a career-high 35-point performance from Fuquan Edwin, who just so happens to be one of the most wasted talents in the country.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)