Nov 16, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
It took them two overtimes to get it, but the Mercer Bears picked up a win against a major conference opponents on Saturday afternoon.
Led by 24 points and five assists from Langston Hall, Mercer knocked off Seton Hall in double-overtime, 77-74. This came on the heels of a three-point loss Mercer suffered at Texas on the season’s opening night.
Hall took over the game down the stretch, as he scored 19 of his 24 points after the under-four timeout. He hit clutch free throw after clutch free throw, and was Mercer’s entire offense down the stretch.
The Bears have a bit of a chip on their shoulder this season. They won the Atlantic Sun last season. They’re the favorites to win the Atlantic Sun this season. But the only team you ever hear about from the conference is Florida-Gulf Coast. You don’t think these kids are motivated to make a name for themselves? The Bears still have trips to Oklahoma and Ole miss and will host Denver. They play FGCU on January 23rd and February 21st.
Seton Hall wasted a career-high 35-point performance from Fuquan Edwin, who just so happens to be one of the most wasted talents in the country.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)