Nov 16, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Old Dominion won five games in all of 2012-2013, but on Friday night, the Monarchs picked up their second win of the young season, knocking off the Racers from Murray State.
Aaron Bacote led the way, scoring 21 points and handing out eight assists, which means the sophomore point guard is now averaging 23.0 points and 5.7 assists through three games.
As good as Bacote played, however, it was junior Richard Ross that stole the show with the dunk you see above.
Ross finished with 12 points, nine boards and four assists. He’s now averaging 12.o points, 10.3 boards, 3.3 blocks and 2.o assists on the season.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)